It just happened to me !!!

William

Supporting Member 1
Looking for things in the garage to put on my project ( 23 tbucket 409 Z11 top end ) just thought i would go to the parts house for alookie see , stoped at a light when out of nowhere a B- och in a f**d with a damn phone cramed in her ear took out the whole FRIGGING driver side of my beautiful 1994 Caprice Classic Bubble Top. Another chevy lost to a woman in a cell phone propelled f*rd. Hot as HELL WILLIAM .!! DAMN DAMN DAMN:grumble::cuss

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
what a stinkin bummer man. i do hope you did'nt get hurt, she has insurance, and this will settle out in your favor. good thing you were in a big old GM.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Damn...............makes me wonder if I ought to ever come back to Texas again!!!!:roll:roll:roll

Sorry to hear about your "accident" William. It's got to be infuriating to have something like that happen to you!! Right Brian???????????

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
WOW. That sucks.:mad: Glad your OK. When are the police, gonna put a stop to this.:dunno I realize the cell phone industry, has powerful lobbyists, but come-on. This is really out of hand now.:eek: Seven out of ten people, talk on phones, while driving, and the cops ignore them. At least where I live.:takethat I would think this is, easy money for villages, and towns. $ 100.00 a pop, and you don't get your phone back.:roll :roll

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Illegal in Albuquerque unless using a hands-free system. APD writes 300 to 400 cell phone tickets a month at a minimum fine of $100 and I see violations ar every intersection every day. An APD Motorcycle Officer told me that they don't have enough hours in the day to write cell phone tickets. The other thing he told me is that most of the cell phone tickets they do write are a second offense behind some other moving violation.

Until driving responsibility is a requirement to maintain the privilege (it's not a right) it won't get better.:mad:

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Idaho !!!!

In Idaho the police would have to put down their cell phone, before writing a ticket to someone else !!!!! :takethat:brow:bang

William

Supporting Member 1
Insurance Claim

Thanks for support, The insurance co put my car in the body shop. They wanted to total it and give me 2200 bucks!! I came unwound . In the Allstate office i started raising more HELL than anyone wanted to hear,I screamed 22 for a car worth 4 thou no frigging way on this side of HELL. A lot of :cuss and hell raising,fit throwing and screaming at the top of my voice they decided to put it in the shop and cover the 2900 to get it fixed. I dont know if i am happy or not ,they only want to paint and blend one side. Am i wrong for wanting the whole car painted? William:bang

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You are absolotly not wrong for wanting your car back the way it was or better. But you know Insurance co. they always take the cheepest way out:takethat The only way to get what you want or close to it is to make a stink. Good luck William. Ken

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow, I can't believe I missed this post.
William, you are totally right in wanting your car fixed to pre-accident condition. Unfortunately the insurance company only pays for that, pre-accident condition, not better. Painting the entire car will make it better in their eyes, but in ours, we will have a two-tone paint job! Keep raising hell with the insurance company, they got tired of me after a while. Their initial offer was 15k, 6 weeks of bitching to them and they paid out 36k so far! Good Luck William!

Make sure you sight down every panel, if it is wavy have the insurance company pay for it. Remember, the whole car was in the accident, not just where it was hit. This is how I got the insurance company to pay for a complete re-paint.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Allstate, is always on TV, telling people, how great they are.:brow I guess, they are no better, than any other company.:dunno It's typical. Whatever money they save, on a claim, usually goes in somebody's pocket, but not your's, William.:mad::takethat

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Brian: Didn't you mention, awhile ago, your 62 was insured for 60K? Wasn't your insurance, with a collector car company?:dunno

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
You, had to dicker and bargain, to get your settlement? I thought these insurance companies have an agreed value policy?:dunno

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You, had to dicker and bargain, to get your settlement? I thought these insurance companies have an agreed value policy?:dunno

Oh Yeah! I wrecked my Yukon last year and had to argue a little bit to get what i wanted, but not as much as the 62! The agreed upon value is a number put in place if you total it or it is stolen. If it is just wrecked, they will only repair up to 80% of the vehicle value. If the repair goes over that, they pay you the agreed upon value and they keep the car. Most of the time you can buy back the car, but some insurance companies will brand the title Salvage. Then you have to get it inspected to be able to register it again. A long and drawn out process and the salvage brand stays on the title.