It's 3am do you know where your motor is?

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mines swinging on the end of a chain! Actualy I did this last nite and met with the builder this morning. I am one burnt puppy. MMMMM things are looking gooood though! :brow

55Chevy283

Late night motor

another late night engine removal. Cool. Been there. Enjoyed that.

:beerbang

Its all about the fun. I feel obliged to mention the 10:00pm differential change at the late Alamo Dragway. Broke my 4.11s. good thing that was the night I was meeting my friend there to buy a set of 4.56 Posi gears for the origonal rear I ran back then. Put them in, drove it home. Changed them in 1 hour. pretty cool huh?

Have fun.

Henry

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's dam fast! It took me myself and I a little over 5 hours to pull and disassemble my rat out of the 60. My Son helped lift the front off but after that I was at it alone.
Started about 10pm at nite so it was fairly cool outside.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It`s amazing how doing something like pulling a motor over and over can cut the time it takes by quite a bit !!

After pulling my 09 8 times I could do it my sleep in record time !!!:brow

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I broke my t-10 so many times in my 58's so many times I had it down to remove, repair and reinstall in under an hour. I was a lot younger then:roll

Ray

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
When I had my 64 409 4 speed Impala the pin in the case cover that the shifter forks worked on would come out. The almninum wouldn't hold a press fit. I would jack up the driver's side front wheel with the bumper jack and crawl under :eek: with a pair of plyers and a rachet. The trans oil didn't come out because the car was tipped to one side. I would feel down in the oil until I found the pin and pound it in with the back of the rachet and be back on the road in abut 20 minutes. By the way has anyone experienced this problem? I finally drilled a hole all the way through and bolted a stud to replace the pin. Roy

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Side plate pin

Roy, I think almost every one did the same thing. That was a common problem.