It's over....................

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Lost a hero yesterday.................Yogi Berra. As a kid growing up in central Kansas, I was an avid fan of the 50 and 60's New York Yankees. Every summer we would come to KC to see the Athletics play. I always picked the weekend the Yankees were in town. I got a dozen Yankees autographs in the summer of 1960 or 1961. Mickey was one of them. My shop teacher in Junior High would let me bring to radio to class so I could listen to the world series.
Had a customer in Brooklyn who took me and my best friend to Yankee Stadium before they torn it down. Got to wander thru the Monuments in center field. That trip was definably on my bucket list.
Yogi was a wonderful athlete and set many records for a catcher but he will always be remembered for his "Yogi-isms".

RIP Yogi

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Top Ten Yogi-isms...

10. "It's like deja vu all over again."
9. "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
8. "The future ain't what it used to be."
7. "We made too many wrong mistakes."
6. "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
5. "You can observe a lot just by watching."
4. "You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."
3. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
2. "Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."
1. "It ain't over 'til it's over."

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yogi was a class act! I was just in Jersey yesterday for work and saw a ton of signs, banners, and support for their hero. He lived a great life and was as sharp as a tack still according those that knew him. RIP to one of the greatest to play the game!