It's what's for supper

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
What would Mary's opinion be?????
And Dave, I'm not retired, I am just restructuring and becoming more independent like YOU!
My plan is to retire a few days before they feed me to the worms or burn my ass up!
But that can change!
Jeff

Mary's opinion probably wouldn't reflect mine Jeff. Good for you on not retiring as I had a total of 59 years in at the same job before I hung it up. Took a summer and worked some where else. It's great you like what you're doing. Happy BIRTHDAY...

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mary's opinion probably wouldn't reflect mine Jeff. Good for you on not retiring as I had a total of 59 years in at the same job before I hung it up. Took a summer and worked some where else. It's great you like what you're doing. Happy BIRTHDAY...
You must have started at the quarry right after you were potty trained! This year will be 39 I have had the shop & working for myself. Bought my 1st CNC machine in about 96? Sent it down the road early 2000's Bought my 1st new CNC in 99 & 4 more new ones since. Self employment has both pluses & negatives!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Right on the good/bad benifits. Dad had me out there when I was 12. All through high school no check just a few bucks for going out on the weekend. Family car to drive...57 Ford wagon....way cool...no radio :pan :good

Graduated high school May 65....W2 was $1,000 12/65....the rest was given to me...

Like you....:flag:doh:guns:crazy:crazy:guns

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Living on the farm my pay was the roof over my head, clothes & groceries. When I started driving and going "out" Dad would give me a $20 on Friday evening. He always said "you don't have to spend all of that" and that always stuck with me. Don't think I ever did.
Jeff

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I worked the fields starting 14 15( maybe younger ) years old . Drove combine helped on repairs when anything broke. No allowance what so ever. I worked out for other farmers also, that's where I got paid. He just helped each one of us on our first car purchase. I do remember him giving me $20.00 one time for a labor day celebration when I was around 8 or somewhere in that area so I spent it all on a side show crane where you try and lift out a gift. Didn't pull any out. After we got home he asked how much I had left. I said nothing, he wasn't too happy lol. I think that reaction stayed with me all these years. :D

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Picked up this used smoker, this should keep me out of the kitchen this summer. :laugh4
Always have been wanting one of the offset to play with.
20240301_155552.jpg
20240301_162745.jpg
20240301_162750.jpg
Still has some shinny metal in the bottoms. :goodLittle more scrubbing then build a fire to season it up.