I've been shafted!

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Couldn't resist. Got a new 3 inch shaft and cut the X open. I ordered new rear shocks that are .75" shorter than stock just in case. Still have to make a cross strap with a sort-of driveshaft loop and weld it in. Weld back the Ebrake guides and align it all up.

Attachments

• Shafts.jpg
    Shafts.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 388
  • final cut.jpg
    final cut.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 422
  • Up final.jpg
    Up final.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 442
  • down final.jpg
    down final.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 408

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Nice looking shaft, what is your ride height under the lip on the rocker panels? just trying to compare to the 60 and see if i can do it?
Steve

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Still on jacks

Measure to the ground and subtract the measure from the tire to the ground and I get 9.5 inches. 700R4 has a long tailshaft so it makes the front pivot closer to the rear and less to cut from the tunnel.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mines for sale if thats what you mean. $50 plus actual shipping less from yoke.

Ray

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Couldn't resist. Got a new 3 inch shaft and cut the X open. I ordered new rear shocks that are .75" shorter than stock just in case. Still have to make a cross strap with a sort-of driveshaft loop and weld it in. Weld back the Ebrake guides and align it all up.
The drive shaft you took out , is that the new style carrier bearing encased in nylon??? and the slip jointed rear shaft. Were you getting vibration's from that set up or just wanting more beef to the drive line .

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Slider rear with the billet center bearing shimmed about a million times. Very slight vibes at speed. 4:11 gears were part of the problem. Driving fast is the other. Pretty much just felt it in the tunnel, drove me crazy.