jack stand recall

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
This pisces me off!!!! Have the 63 on 4 jack stands so I can roll under the car on my creeper to clean the bottom of my car.
Guess I shouldn't do it!! Don't have any other way. Maybe I need to buy 4 wheel ramps that hopefully can be over a foot tall.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
This pisces me off!!!! Have the 63 on 4 jack stands so I can roll under the car on my creeper to clean the bottom of my car.
Guess I shouldn't do it!! Don't have any other way. Maybe I need to buy 4 wheel ramps that hopefully can be over a foot tall.

Nothing wrong with jack stands Phil, I have countless hours under them along with air bumper jacks. I would guess that the stands that you use are from a time the cheep was not from HF. Were they even around then?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have used jack stands for years , bought ages ago . They are not hf . Never had any fear of them if you place them in top point correctly. You can't use them in the dirt Bob!!!!:crazy

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I practically grew up under cars on jack stands as my dad had an automotive shop that specialized in transmission repair. He would bring me into his shop during summer vacation to remove and install transmissions for him to overhaul. I still have 12 Blackhawk stands from his shop and don't think twice about getting under a car on them, I think my brother has a couple sets also, Lol. Like the ol saying you get what you pay for, my Blackhawk stands are top quality.

Attachments

• IMG_5237.JPG
    IMG_5237.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5238.JPG
    IMG_5238.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 39

bobs409

Administrator
Might give these a try. 3d printed jack stands. :laugh2

jackstand-print2_12133.jpg

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/12133-jack-stand

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17

Phil sounds like the same process I use for the 61&62 show cars. Let me know if I have to show against you in class 36B as all national shows for AACA have been canceled for the season except Allentown but I don’t expect them to have it. So I might not have to compete against you
Robert

Junky

Well Known Member
I hate to say this, however, if the pandemic of 1917 is any indicator of how long these viruses can hang around, I have a very bad feeling that it is going to be 3 or 4 years before this one runs its course. My biggest fear is that it is going to take out a lot of us older folks before it passes. I am not being negative, just looking at what the reality might be, and wondering if those in the know are leveling with us on the long term implications.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mine are all AC Delco brand jackstands. Had them for years. This is good information though, and yes kung fu did get trapped under his car but it wasn’t because of a bad jackstand he did not use one.:yikes My understanding is he had it jacked up and slid under the car and the jack gave up. I could be wrong but I think that’s how it went and he was one of the toughest people I’ve ever met in my life.Hard to breathe with a vehicle on your chest though. He was a nice guy as long as you didn’t cross him. I got along with him just fine and he thought the world of James!!! Sad story!