jarretts409 steet car&awb drag car some day

jarretts409

hi my name is jarrett im 16 years old a junior in high school i have been a member for a little while so i better introduce myself. my mom and dad got me my red 61 impala bubble top for christmas when i was 14 i have a 1960 348 im building for it with a 4 speed and a 57 pontiac posi rear i got from my dad i am waiting for edlebrock for the new intakes. the awb 61 belair bubble top i got from my dads friend he gave it to me for helping him clean up his car farm he had it for about 10 years he got it from a guy out of chicago area it used to be a modified production car then in late 60s started building a altered wheel base car and thats as far as it got . im getting parts together for my red car rockers and floor pans the fenders doors hood and trunk are already stripped and sealed no rust. the plan for the awb is later put a fiberglass front clip and go racing i know i will have the fastest and most badass car in school. i got my need for speed from my dad he has a 55 chevy that was his first car at age 14 now its a blown 540 low 8 second street car my brothers have a 63 ss chevy ll he is putting in a newer ls6 and the other one has 68 pontiac beaumont with a stroker 383 . im getting a bit long winded heres some pics i hope thanks for your time jarrett

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome aboard, your dad sounds like a cool guy and you got a great start with that 61, never let it go. Altered wheel base for a first car? How many of us can say that? I know I can't. Post pix when you can.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Jarrett! Glad to see someone your age with an interest in these old beasts. (Cars that is, not board members. :roll ) Bring all your friends along with you!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Jarret, Glad to see someone of your age with an interest in these old X frame cars...:cheers Keep us posted to your progress and by all means jump in if you have any questions.:deal There are many here that are knowledgeable and willing to help. Give us an update on your 348 build as well. Good luck and welcome.

jr.W

Well Known Member
Welcome jarretts most guys your age have no idea what a w engine is let alone have one.:cool: Shoot most guys my age don't now about them.

p.s. just looked at the pics. the awb care is cooool. Will make awesome drag car W powered of coarse.

wc chevys

Well Known Member
Welcome aboard Jarrett, cool cars good to see young people into these cars,good name too same as my last name.All yea don't let the old farts scare you there harmless:roll

HIVOLTAGE

Well Known Member
Welcome Jarrett. It's great to see a young man with some ambition and motivation. Keep up the good work and you should have something that you're really proud to drive.