Judson

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Does anyone have an old judson supercharger laying around. I am in the process of looking for one to retrofit on my 1964 willys f 134 in a cj5. Sounds a little crazy, but so am I. Let me know what you have. Thanks everyone! :cheers

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
no judson?

Anyone here ever hear of a judson? Must be an oldtimer that remembers these. Are they even any good? Hell, I don't know either.:roll :dunno

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
also made a coil

I sold a couple of the Judson coils on Ebay last year. Both went to France. Go Figure?

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Yup, they are small superchargers for small displacement engines. Should be good for my Willys. Now just finding one, thats the battle. The one I am looking for measures 9 1/2 inches long give or take a little. Everyone go check your barns, garages, basements, your neighbors shed for one please. :) Oh by the way, we got a few inches of snow yesterday YUCK!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think you could do better and spend less buying a nother brand charger.
I will post a link to a site that has several for sale for VW for around $1400 !!:doh

Remember,, you will only get about 40 hp with one.
Click on the buy and sell in the right top corner
http://www.vwjudsonregister.org.uk/

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I could also make more power with less money from a bbc, but I won't get rid of my 409. I want a period correct supercharger on my period correct Willys. If I just wanted more power, I would put a sbc in it:yawn: I want a Judson supercharged f 134. Anything else won't do. Thanks for the link though. :clap

Bob Core

Well Known Member
A Willys-powered Willys hot rod? I'm intrigued, please tell us more.

Somewhere on the 'net I saw a picture of a flathead Austin Bantam V8 that was made by combining two A-B fours on a common crankcase. I always wanted to see someone do that with two Willys F-head fours. Then I could really say I've seen everything, LOL.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Not much of a story. I had a buddy in highscool that had an old willys cj5. Mike and I would work on it and Mikes dad would help too. Well after a year or so we got the Willys road worthy. Mike drove it for about 6 mos and parked it. After all, a 64 Willys isn't the best vehicle for going long trips on. I pestered him till he sold it to me. I drove it very little and when my parents sold their house, I sold all of my extra stuff as I no longer had a place to store it. Fast foreward 15 years or so. My dad says he has seen my old Jeep. I did not believe him but he said Jerry still has it. Jerry is the fella I sold it to. A phone call later and the Jeep was mine again for 450 bucks. Jerry had bought it from me and parked it in his barn. He had never driven it! Tommy the wheel man and I went with some gas and a battery and drove it on the trailer. Tommy and I fixed it up a little. O.K. alot. It now drives me around my town getting parts and it is my new hunting partner. That is until my 4 year old Luke is old enough to come with me. I think a Judson or possibly a Pepco supercharger would look great on that little motor. Ten or twenty horsepower wouldn't hurt either! Well thats the story of the Willys! :)