Just Another Saturday

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Saturday, Mike and I were getting his '62 with the freshened 383 and my '63 with the new Pertronix distributor ready for the first cruise in Honesdale. Rechecked timing and carb adjustments on both. Just thought this was a neat picture.100_2772.JPG 100_2773.JPG
Also mounted Mike's 348 on the run stand so he can take it home for detailing.100_2775.JPG
And my plate I had made a few years back.
100_2783.JPG

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
A friend of my dad's and I created the art work and I had a bunch of the plates made years ago and sold them on Ebay. I think I might have a couple left. The guy that made them for me retired and I haven't found anyone to make them yet. I still have the art work so I probably should look around again to see if I can have some more made.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Now that's a classic look, almost like it's 50 years ago :).

Hope the event was fun and well attended!

TomK

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The cruise had a good turn out for a little town. Some where around a hundred cars I would guess. It's always a great time when I can take my 409 for a ride and talk cars for several hours with a bunch of car lovers on a really nice night!

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10

Hey Bob, I just found a little video of the cruise on the Cruisen Honesdale web site, here a link http://www.cruisenhonesdale.com/ I don't know how to post a you tube video otherwise I would post that.
I like that run stand, also:bow
Thank you! It was pretty easy to make with an old cut down boat trailer, the front of a badly rusted 62 frame and an old radiator support. Added a gauge panel and starter button and toggle switch.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I like the 2 cars together. Change those to black & white and it would look like the 60's!
Here are the pictures after my wife changed them to something like black and white(sepia?)100_2772-sepia.jpg 100_2773-septia.jpg .And a black and white.car black.jpg I got my wife a new camera for Christmas and she's having a great time taking pictures and using different programs to edit them.