Just found this site

jack

Had a 1958 Chevy Dey Ray back in the day,bought it in Dec. of '58 had the factory hod rod stuff ,three two's,348/315 HP,11.1 cr,Posi 456,close ratio 3 speed,Headman headers,elico progresssive linkage,solid lifters,black tuck and roll......I've got a couple of pictures I'll dig up and post later.

I'm 70 years old now but still remember that car,great fun and even won a couple of drag racing trophys at Colton Ca. and Rivergrade Rd which I now believe the Inwindale track ,I no longer live in SoCal.

Jack
Arroyo Grande Ca.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Jack:beerbang Sounds like you had a great car. Your last post says that you posted pic's but I couldn't find them:dunno. Look forward to those pic's and maybe some SoCal racing days and cruising stories. Come on I know you have some:cheers. Ken

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Found them

They are in Jack's album. I'll link them here.

32741958_Chevy-med.jpg

32741958-med.jpg

Very Nice Car! :clap

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Nice car, Jack.:clap Those wide whitewalls, bring back alot of memories.:brow

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Jack!!! My first car was a 58 Impala...black with the black/turq/silver interior and a 250HP 348 3-speed. I just drove the dickens out of that car!!!!:brow:brow:brow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Hearty Welcome Jack. Hey you should fire the 58 up for a trip to Ohio June 5th. You will have a big time
robert

jack

Thanks for the warm welcome

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/2009show/09pismoderelicts/

The enclosed link is of a group of us that get together every Sat. morning year round to talk cars and have our wake up coffee,no club/rules/dues just a fun group with great cars.

Again thanks for the friendly welcome,someone asked if they could include me on thier friends list, anyone can feel free in include me without asking (I'm not in a witness protection program at present) Ha!

Jack Ivemeyer

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
( I'm not in a witness protection program at present. ):dunno:roll:rollSome of us, need protection from ourselves.:doh:roll

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice car Jack and nice cruisin get together some real nice cars. We have similar cruisin get together here on L.I. on the south shore on sunday mornings but I'll have to wait another month or so BBBBUURRR still to cold here.:grumble:

jack

Speaking of HAYDEN PROFFITT

Hey fellers,I raced Hayden (once) In 1959 at Lyons Drag Strip that was the last time I raced my '58 in legal racing,he (Hayden) was in a new El Camino towed it to the track whilst I drove my Chevy 40 miles to Long Beach,my car was no match for a 4 speed car,but I think I did a pretty good acounting for myself,turned in my best time that day (13.99 @ 101mph) not to bad for a 3 speed car,anyway we were even at 1/8 mile but he got me by a car length.

My car responded well to a little tinkering,in stock form it did 14.90 @93mph after I rejetted the carbs,removed the vacuum linkage,installed Hedman headers,456:1 gear,floor shifter,Shieffer racing clutch,Sun tach she ran real good...I'd better stop now as I'm starting to TEAR UP.

Jack

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to the jungle Jack. My first car was a 58 Impala convert, Cashmere Blue 348 4 bbl turboslide. Paid $150 in 64. Oh yeah there is a lot of your generation on here. :roll:roll:roll

Ray