Just putting it out here

Ed51

Supporting Member 1
When you removed the "PCV" did it leave holes in the tin under the hood? Did you weld anything up or did you have another vave cover laying around

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pcv

Ed, I noticed that set-up was only making a mess inside the valve cover so I pulled it off. Then I sat there for a minute and thought now what, Time for chrome covers?,the only others I had. But then I realized the hole in the valve cover was the same size as a regular pcv or breather grommet. Dug around the garage and found one of those rubber "oil" caps used on later chevs and it fit perfect. Eventually I will change the cover but this worked for now. Did I mention they actually drilled and tap an intake runner to supply vacuum to this thing? Pretty unique set-up to say the least. Eric :cheers

Ed51

Supporting Member 1
When I was stationed in California in the early 70s,they were doing all sorts of things to "reduce emissions",things like Nox kits,that would block off vacuum advance,retarding timing and so on.I wonder if that plumbing on YOUR new 60 was some sort of attempt at that.They did All sorts of off the wall stuff like that out there. Do you have the road draft tube on the back of the engine?
When I was looking at the car I wondered if that was a California car. Did the owner mention anything like that?

Russ

Holy cow!!!! What an awesome find! I hope the previous owner is not reading this, but you got a steal of a deal for $3700 (or whatever you paid!). I just sold a 60 Nomad, equally equipped, for a little more than that and it doesn't run!

These oddballs are becoming pretty scarce, but I'm glad to see some W nut go ahold of it! Looks like a great crusier!

Russ

Obnxs1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Damn, Damn, Damn

I need to check the site more often. Even though the wife would have killed me for wanting to spend another $3700. :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss

CarlK60

Supporting Member 1
bobs409 said:
So Carl, gonna buy this one too? :D :p

Hey bob, that one is a LITTLE too much out of my price range (its a good price but more than I have), though Id love to have it!! :cuss

They need to look more like this for me to afford them.....and yes I did buy it.....

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Carl, Are you previewing your post first? If you do you'll lose the picture. Just post without previewing it.

CarlK60

Supporting Member 1
Hey Bungy, no Im not previewing it, I just type my message, then go to the manage attachments, browse, upload, then it kinda just sits there awhile till I quit and hit close window. Ive had pics work before. Ill give it another shot... Ah, I think the picture just might be too big...screw it, I give up :cuss

BTW, you gonna look at that Chevelle?

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just got your brothers email today. I'm gonna call and maybe stop by on my way to the fairgrounds Sunday. Or maybe on the way back. I'm going with my dad and he has to be the first one there or he might miss out on a "good deal"

Congrats on the buy, these four doors were junked for so long they are really starting to make a comeback. I was looking at the pic of the dash, what is that mounted to the left of the A/C controls under the dash?

bobs409

Administrator
That's true, alot of 4 doors were parts cars but not anymore, now they fetch big bucks too! (not as much as 2 doors but still...) Times have changed, that's for sure. I have alot more respect for 4 doors and wagons now a days. I don't know if it's just because im older or if it's just because of the rarity of them all.

All of us have to be thankful we have had a chance to experience these great old cars. Some of us have more experience than others, some have more toys than others but we're all on the same page.

It's sad that cars like these will never be made again. :cry

That's why I always say, we must save the survivors....

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Agreed Bob!

You know Bob....I was just talking about this point earlier today. This 60' has been more fun in the last few days than I've had in a while. Of course I like my 63 super sport alot more, But there is something so neat about these cars when you find them unrestored and drivable. Before this w-kick, I was big into the 65-70 big cars, and always had a 2dr hot rod or race car and a 4dr or wagon summer driver. More often than not they had sat for many years. I get them, get everything working, put "big and little" wheels on and drive the snot out of them. Some still say "too bad its a 4dr" or "why would you want a wagon"? I guess DQ's quote would apply here, If I have to explain you wouldn't understand!

Eric :rolleyes:

P.S. 59 impala, That thing on the dash was a 8-track.

8 Track!!!

No wonder I didn't know what it was!!! If its not an XM, MP3, CD, or DVD player, we young'ns can't figure it out. The best under dash item I have seen so far is a 60 Impala here in NorCal with a record player.