Just wonder if .....

Thunder80

Hi, I have been a member for some time , but never introduced my self. Jim in IOWA, retired. I see a lot discussion, and parts for sale for Chevy's of the 60's. I am wondering if anyone has or are working on any 1958's. I know first year for the IMPALA, and a little hard to get some 58's. I have 3 - 1958 Chevy' s Impala, Brookwood and a Yeoman. I don't see a lot about 58 projects or completed cars or ? ..................................... JUST WONDERING Anyone with a 58 Impala with a inline 6 ?? A real one # matching ??? I went to car shows - this guy had a 58 Impala Convertible with a inline 6 / auto, same color as my Yeoman - Cashmere Blue, looked nice sitting side by side. JUST WONDERING

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi, I have been a member for some time , but never introduced my self. Jim in IOWA, retired. I see a lot discussion, and parts for sale for Chevy's of the 60's. I am wondering if anyone has or are working on any 1958's. I know first year for the IMPALA, and a little hard to get some 58's. I have 3 - 1958 Chevy' s Impala, Brookwood and a Yeoman. I don't see a lot about 58 projects or completed cars or ? ..................................... JUST WONDERING Anyone with a 58 Impala with a inline 6 ?? A real one # matching ??? I went to car shows - this guy had a 58 Impala Convertible with a inline 6 / auto, same color as my Yeoman - Cashmere Blue, looked nice sitting side by side. JUST WONDERING
In the DesMoines area there are several 58s but I don't think any are running a 6cylinder. They are all small blocks if I can remember right. No 348-409 stuff in any of them. Wait, there is one guy with a 2dr sedan black 58 belair that has a 348. Almost forgot about him.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am in Ankeny Iowa. I have the Yeoman 2dr, 6 pass wagon / a Brookwood 6 pass wagon - 283. Was auto, but someone converted to 3 on floor, and a 58 Impala - this one as well as the Yeoman are California cars - 1 pc bumpers front and back
I'm next door in Saylorville. What part of Ankeny? Not many places you can hide those cars without me finding them before now to stop and knock on your door to findout more about them. LOL!

62BillT

Well Known Member
I am in Ankeny Iowa. I have the Yeoman 2dr, 6 pass wagon / a Brookwood 6 pass wagon - 283. Was auto, but someone converted to 3 on floor, and a 58 Impala - this one as well as the Yeoman are California cars - 1 pc bumpers front and back
My first car was a '58 Wagon. It was a Nomad with a 348, 3-Speed. If I had an original '58 today with the original 235-6, I would surely keep it that way. Your car sure looks nice. I especially like 2-Dr Wagons.