Kansas City MECUM sample 348-409's

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Top engine was a black/black 64 SS convertible, second was a 62 Impala built by my propane dealer for 30 years, third was a red/red 61 Impala hardtop and the last was a 63 (I think) hardtop. There was also a 63 425HP car.
1964 Super Stocker...............do you live around here or were you in from out of town? I was at the Sat. auction all day.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I work for American Dream machines. We frequent KC, you have probably seen the lot of us crawling under cars all day at some point. We almost bought the 64 SS conv dual quad "409" but I told the boss to walk away from it. To little for to much. We did walk away with a sweet 61 bubble top with a 348. Nice car. I only counted 8 wedge motors present at the show, we walked away with one at least. We sell our 348-409 cars pretty quick. We only picked up 7 cars this go around. Just enough to make it worth the trip.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The 61 they bought had to be the red 61 Impala. That car belonged to Willie Wagner Classic Cars here in Kansas City. Had a 3x2 setup. Beautiful car.