KB forged pistons in the works

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Keith Black has some new forged pistons coming for 409's and 348 strokers. Not many sizes but thay are supposed to be less money than what we currently have. Price isn't available yet but the pistons are in the new catalogue.

Dave

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Good news!

Dave:

I might be looking for a set or two, one for the 409, one for a 348 stroker. Keep me posted when pricing becomes available :).

Best,
TomK

wldavis

These pistons are actually available now. I have a set in my 409 and they are very nice. The quality and finish are excellent. Lamar Walden has several sets in stock, for strokers, stock rod length and big block rod length. Lamar has been working with the manufacture for about a year. They are making them based off of his input and samples that he has sent.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
These pistons are actually available now. I have a set in my 409 and they are very nice. The quality and finish are excellent. Lamar Walden has several sets in stock, for strokers, stock rod length and big block rod length. Lamar has been working with the manufacture for about a year. They are making them based off of his input and samples that he has sent.

Lamar,,, Shamar,,,,:barf

Hey Lamar,,,, Where are Rich's heads????? Intake ?????:takethat

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Are these the ones listed on LWA's site for $575? Any photos of them? I'd like to see them for that price. Thats a decent savings over the Ross's:deal

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We were told at the machine shop that they were not available yet and they didn't have a price on them yet either. Coming soon though they said. If I remember there was only 3 sizes that are going to be made.

Dave

wldavis

Are these the ones listed on LWA's site for $575? Any photos of them? I'd like to see them for that price. Thats a decent savings over the Ross's:deal

I'm not sure. Lamar told me the price and I believe it was around 650.00, but that was also including rings. Lamar won't be in today but give him a call. I'm sure they wouldn't mind emailing you some pics. Lamar can even explain some of the mods that he had KB make to the pistons.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just noticed he has a set of forged pistons listed on his site in a few sizes .030, .060 for $575 :dunno