KillerB59

killerB59

My name's Bryan from OK. Reason for me joining is, this past weekend went to an estate auction. The estate belonged to Phil Daniels friend who past away this past December. I worked for Phil back in high school. He's the reason I'm into 50's and 60's cars. As a 16 year old walking into a shop full of cars, motors, and everything else 60s era, i was in awe. One wall had several 2x4 aluminium manifolds and w shaped valve covers. I asked lots of questions. Yep all 409s, blocks, heads, manifolds, COMPLETE motors. It was an amazing site. Worked all summer. Then turned around and gave all the money I made back to Phil for my 1959 El Camino. We stayed in touch over the years talking about projects that never got done, and stuff we wanted to build. Always asked if he would sell one of the 409s to put in the el co, but he wouldn't get rid of them. Well, Saturday I got two of those 409 blocks. Exciting day, but a kinda an eye opener. You can't take your stuff with you. Let's build'em and enjoy them!

Thanks guys for letting in your group

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Cool story behind your 409's and a 59 elcamino...... doesn't get much better than that.........."cool"....... with a story
Welcome to the site .......