l5P 2017 Duramax 3500 Denali shutdowns

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I have kept this truck as it's very comfortable to me, drives nice, with decent fuel mileage. When I was towing pretty much country wide showing one of the cars there was never an issue. Now recently I am no longer showing and the truck is my grocery getter and local commuter with occasional I-70 and I-95 trips. Now with over 150,000 miles it is constantly in emissions shut down mode! I have spent 1,000's of dollars for sensors and computers and pumps on this truck and I am no longer considering it reliable. Is there a point on these emissions diesels where they will live once "everything" has been replaced or as the belief is in this area these diesels are unreliable over 120,000 miles.
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dealer equipped sensor "time for a new one".
Yeah same thing I’m hearing around here. I am looking for a gas powered something to drive that is non turbo but these vehicles around here seem to be all 4 cylinder turbo thus feel like a John Deere 4 cylinder!
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Although the “tech” assigned to my truck has told me this last shutdown was the only sensor or pump or processor left in the truck’s original DEF system.
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Is there a work around to bypass that stuff?
Yes there is but there are consequences if caught plus truck can’t be inspected thus reregistered so that isn’t an option now. A neighbor went through hell with a truck her late hubby deleted and it cost her the value of the truck to get through inspection. I ain’t gonna do that
Robert

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Isn't there a plug in tuner to use that could be unplugged for inspection purpose?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Update…. I traded the truck for a Denali Terrain and have about 3,000 miles. Yes, it has been a learning curve and I can’t seem to get the dash display back to the factory settings which I seem to prefer. Since I’m not a computer programmer I am seeking one.
Robert