La Grave Field Swap Meet Ft. Worth

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Went to a small local swap meet today.

Some x-frames were present! Some rust (63 Impala 409 car). Some nice customs too (60 BelAir with a chopped top!). A real nice red 62 Impala (wrong engine - big block). An original looking 59 w/348. A few more scattered about.

348-409 parts were rare, intakes mostly.

On a dual 4 intake/carb setup that had been restored ($1600 :roll) there was a fuel line fitting that I asked the owners about. They knew nothing due to it was sold to them that way. Anyway, the special 1/8th npt fitting for the front carb was not original, and would cost points if judged. But it is a direct steel replacement fitting for the super rare cast fitting and WAY better looking than some of brass nightmares I seen.

Sorry.......I stupidly walked out of the house without the camera. But even going was a last minute decision for me.

So, there is a fitting out there somewhere. We'll keep looking.

I was wearing my www.348-409.com cap and did invite a few guys.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Went to a small local swap meet today.

Some x-frames were present! Some rust (63 Impala 409 car). Some nice customs too (60 BelAir with a chopped top!). A real nice red 62 Impala (wrong engine - big block). An original looking 59 w/348. A few more scattered about.

348-409 parts were rare, intakes mostly.

On a dual 4 intake/carb setup that had been restored ($1600 :roll) there was a fuel line fitting that I asked the owners about. They knew nothing due to it was sold to them that way. Anyway, the special 1/8th npt fitting for the front carb was not original, and would cost points if judged. But it is a direct steel replacement fitting for the super rare cast fitting and WAY better looking than some of brass nightmares I seen.

Sorry.......I stupidly walked out of the house without the camera. But even going was a last minute decision for me.

So, there is a fitting out there somewhere. We'll keep looking.

I was wearing my www.348-409.com cap and did invite a few guys.
Wrench,
Did that fuel fitting have a hex head at the male end? If so it must be like the one I have. I got mine from a 54 chev 235 block where the external oil filter line attached. I have seen several of that style and some with the correct 409 style on 6cyl engines. Maybe GM had more than one supplier for that fitting.
:scratch

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Sorry to be so long answering. had a pc crash.

No the fitting was generally square shaped and was anodized. New, too.