Lakewood ladder bars

Gus68

Well Known Member
I would think something would have to bind. Even if the front ladderbar mount is in the same spot as the front mount of the lower controll arm. I would think that you would be better off removing the upper controll arms all together cause they would be working against the bars. Anyway... I boxed all my controll arms and installed poly bushings and even added the fourth upper controll arm. I dont have a posi as of yet, and when you do a burn out she hops like a rabbit on fire!!!:roll D the air bags really make a difference??

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You know,,, this car of mine never had a hop problem.
I think who ever setup the rear years ago really knew what they were doing.
I installed the bags at the same time I removed the ladder bars, boxed the arms (all four) and installed new polly bushing.

I do think that the air bags are your best and cheapest solution.
You may have to play with the air pressure to get it right.
Make sure you plumb then independently so you can put more air in the passenger side. ,,dq

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I cut the 65 and up set and removed the side part the older ones do not have. Same length and all.
Right now my main concern is getting the paint and insides done for the cruises. Dads hualing butt on the body and primer and I am working on the rest. That should be done in the next few weeks.

I would really really like to put air bags in the rear but with time being the main issue I don't think I can make it.

All in all if I put the lights back on and in she's ready to cruise.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tic, These air bags are a cinche to install !!!
They do NOT replace the springs but go inside of them.
I bet you could do in a few hours,,dq