Lamar Walden Motor

23plumpt

Supporting Member 1
there is an ad on racing junk with a walden motor for sale. I don't know how to post the ad on the forum, but the ad number is 183076162. I was wondering if any members would know anything about this motor, transmission or owner any information would be greatly appreciated. Looks like its been sitting for quite some time, and supposedly it was going in a 56 chevy. It's out of Georgia and the sons name is Ryan Brown from what I understand.

thanks,
Bob

23plumpt

Supporting Member 1
thanks for posting the link, I know to say in the listing it's never been used and when I emailed the guy to say it sure looks like it's been used and that it seems like it has been stored in a very damp un-heated space. his comment was it's been stored properly in a heated space. also no photo's of the transmission yet. That's why I thought some member may no this guy and it's story.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I'm sorry the aluminum heads and intake on my 78 TA I built about 15-20 years ago that the past 3 has been stored in a non heated shop where everything sweats with our Houston humidity looks better!! And or sure the carb looks better. Maybe in Hawaii and it is volcanic ash blown on it:)

23plumpt

Supporting Member 1
yes that's what I'm thinking. but not worth the $12K because it definitely would have to be torn down to see whats there. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible from the son because I'm 1000 miles away. I was sure hoping a member would have known this guy and motor history. I also noticed the walden invoice was from 2009