Last Fighter Pilot Of WW11

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Iowa Boy

The Last Fighter Pilot of WWII who flew the last mission .
Take five minutes to watch this video interview. It takes place on Iwo Jima.

Listen carefully to what he says and how he says it. You won't regret a second of it.
Ask yourself, how many of the few surviving WWII veterans kept
themselves and their uniform in such good condition for over 70
years and can still proudly wear it?
Notice his superb delivery, no teleprompter, no script -- Just a
91-year-old fighter pilot representing the greatest generation at
home and abroad who won WWII.
He has some surprises and a great take on the philosophy of life.

The Last Fighter Pilot of WWII

Click on: https://www.dvidshub.net/video/395572/jerry-wellin-world-war-ii-veteran-interview

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Iowa Boy
The Last Fighter Pilot of WWII who flew the last mission .​
Take five minutes to watch this video interview. It takes place on Iwo Jima.​
Listen carefully to what he says and how he says it. You won't regret a second of it.​
Ask yourself, how many of the few surviving WWII veterans kept​
themselves and their uniform in such good condition for over 70​
years and can still proudly wear it?​
Notice his superb delivery, no teleprompter, no script -- Just a​
91-year-old fighter pilot representing the greatest generation at​
home and abroad who won WWII.​
He has some surprises and a great take on the philosophy of life.​
The Last Fighter Pilot of WWII​

You would like the Iowa Military Aviation Heritage Museum I'm a member of in Ankeny Iowa at the Airport. Great bunch of guys that spend there time restoring old war birds and have a museum of all kinds of Iowa heros.
Museum Front.JPG16028.30060.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Do Schilberg's have anything to do with that one? I believe they have one west of Des Moines somewhere?? Ankeny. Is that where I went to a big model plane air show?

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
It is a great video, and I can relate to it, since my father in law, was also in the Army Air Force. I did a Google search for more information on Jerry, and learned that he passed away December 21, 2017. To learn more about Jerry, follow this link...

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Do Schilberg's have anything to do with that one? I believe they have one west of Des Moines somewhere?? Ankeny. Is that where I went to a big model plane air show?

Yep, Used to have a huge show right on the Ankeny airport air-field but they paved a crosswind landing strip so the RC planes no longer fly there. To bad because everyone of the those huge birds on the ceiling of the hanger have flown. We do host a yearly car show and race down the run way but its more for the Corvette's to run cones. I would be open to the idea of doing some no prep drag racing there. Big project. I am working on an air show coming up this summer which is hard enough to pull off.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It is a great video, and I can relate to it, since my father in law, was also in the Army Air Force. I did a Google search for more information on Jerry, and learned that he passed away December 21, 2017. To learn more about Jerry, follow this link...

I visited the Hamm Cemetery in Luxembourg in 2011 when I was shooting over there. Patton is buried there with thousands of brave soldiers. There was low fog covering the cemetery when we arrived. It was a very moving experience I will never forget. Young soldiers killed never able to experience the joys of growing old.

Just think of all the Jerry Yellin's that fought and gave their lives to keep this country free. They would roll over in their graves if they could see some things going on today.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I visited the Hamm Cemetery in Luxembourg in 2011 when I was shooting over there. Patton is buried there with thousands of brave soldiers. There was low fog covering the cemetery when we arrived. It was a very moving experience I will never forget. Young soldiers killed never able to experience the joys of growing old.

Just think of all the Jerry Yellin's that fought and gave their lives to keep this country free. They would roll over in their graves if they could see some things going on today.

You're absolutely right Dave a million times. Our solders through time paid one hell of a price for our freedoms just to have the forces that be make this country go out like this. There was a time when if the Dems would have come up with this cockamamie plan of theirs and tried to jam it down our throats I think the multitudes would have voted them out of office.

Mark

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have a next door neighbor who is 96 years old. Was an Army Ranger who landed on Normandy Beach. He did not say too much about the war, but I visit with him and he began telling me of some of the battles he fought in. Battle of the Bulge and many more. My brother was killed in the battle for the Hedgerows July 14th, 1944 at the age of 22. He is buried in the American Cemetery in France, overlooking Omaha Beach . I too have strong feelings about the state of our country today. They all saved the world and now we are giving up all of our freedoms to our own leaders. I keep asking myself, "Where are all of those Dems, who claim to be soo smart" When are they going to stop this clown who is taking orders from some unkown person (s).