Last Meal

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. I was just browsing my MSN home page and see that Georgia is going to execute an inmate today for killing an 11 year old, 15 year old and their father in 1998. I have mixed feelings on the death penalty but I question this "last meal" nonsense. This condemned guy gave the prison a laundry list of what he wanted for his last meal. Who ever started this baloney anyway? This guy never gave the decedents a choice of their last meal. He just executed them. It's my own personal opinion, that someone might be feeling sorry or guilty for what they are about to do, therefore they disguise it by showing a little sympathy. If they don't have the nerve or boldness to pull the switch, then don't. But don't sugar coat it with this last meal request. They aren't deserving of it, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
The whole death row thing is a joke to begin with! It takes 15 years or more just for it to be carried out. Your example means this POS was sentenced 18 years ago. A person could die of old age before it's done.

Guess someone will ask so might as well be me. :D Why do they use an alcohol swab to clean the injection site when the person is supposed to die? Guess they wouldn't want to chance an infection? :laugh2

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
They don 't want him to die before they execute him!!!!:doh This actually happened ,a death row inmate got ill ,so they got him healthy again so they could execute him.