Last nights debates

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Did anyone watch last nights debates? If so, your thoughts?? Thanks, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
Not me, I'm done with politics for now. It just gets me upset and I can't do anything about it. I value my health more...

P.S. I will vote republican however. :D

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I watched them for three hrs. I thought the format layed out by CNN was terrible. I for one am not on the Trump wagon. I think he is childish and he is weak on foreign policy. Marco Rubio and Carley Fiorina were outstanding. Chris Christy was really strong and cut through the sophomoric bullshit. Overall winner, Carley Fiorina.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I would agree with Fathead Racing re. Carly Fiorina. I would give her the award for most improved. She did a good job fighting off Trump who I don't like. He is one of the most offensive, disrespectful, repulsive people I have seen. Not Presidential material to me. What I do like about him is that he can fund his own campaign and not be beholding to big business or donors. He also is not a career politician. Just wish others had these traits. I would never vote for him. I think you will see him fade away in the months to come. He is bound to say something that will push his campaign over the edge for good, Carmine.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carmine, you could be right. But you should have seen his rally tonight in New Hampshire. He gave a short speech and then the rest was an open question and answer session from the voters ,not the media. You will never see another politician do that. Sure, they hold town hall meetings, but not when the attendance is in the hundreds or thousands. The jury is still out on his longevity but the next few weeks will be interesting.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
I too have a hard time getting my arms around The Trump and his antics. I am surprised he is still standing!! Trump has tapped into our overwhelming disgust for politicians in general and is going to ride that horse into the ground. My gut feelings about Trump have always been that he has deep pockets and short arms. He told us he won't accept donations, keeps telling us he is very,very, very rich. I keep thinking that as soon as he has to start spending serious cash of his own, he will either bail out or ask for donations. Not many wealthy people are willing to spend their own cash on a campaign.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I too have a hard time getting my arms around The Trump and his antics. I am surprised he is still standing!! Trump has tapped into our overwhelming disgust for politicians in general and is going to ride that horse into the ground. My gut feelings about Trump have always been that he has deep pockets and short arms. He told us he won't accept donations, keeps telling us he is very,very, very rich. I keep thinking that as soon as he has to start spending serious cash of his own, he will either bail out or ask for donations. Not many wealthy people are willing to spend their own cash on a campaign.

I very much dislike Trump, always have. Blow hards don't do much for me. However he has some refreshing qualities, I could be swayed if he would approach the race in a serious, mature manner. His BS antics are a definite turn off.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
He certainly is a crowd pleaser. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the overall electorate views him. Personally, I don't think he'll make it that far. He certainly alienates a lot of groups; Latinos, veterans, woman. Not sure who is left. Someone should remind him that these people also vote. Just when I thought that I might be a little bit wrong on this guy, he attacks Carly Fiorina about her looks/face. I think she is an attractive woman and Trump should never had done that. What does that have to do with being a candidate?? Even if she looked like Quasimodo, so what?? That attack soured me completely and pushed me right over the edge. I've been a registered Republican since age 18. I don't always vote party lines. If this guy miraculously becomes the GOP candidate, I won't vote in the election. Even though he thinks he is, he is not Presidential material. Not the type person you want with their hand on the switch. He is a bully, among other things, and short tempered. If he thinks he is going to bully Putin, who has KGB blood running through his veins, he is sadly mistaken. Trump, in a position of authority, is dangerous. Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree, Carmine.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Personally, I believe it is far too soon to make a decision on a favorite candidate however, it is amazing to see the entire media, both liberal and conservative, and all candidates from both sides, with the total intention of taking down one man. The only one who has not attacked Trump was Cruz , but last night I say a Cruz staff member blasting Trump so I guess that makes it unanimous. Nothing close to this has ever happened. Very interesting to watch.