Last post for my 62 build update.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I finished it!

Well almost. I worked my rear off this week and had a good day today. I started with installing stainless, then aligned the front end, finished most of the interior, installed deck lid and front fenders. Anyway I still lack the hood, but who needs a hood anyway. It had no miles on it so I trailered it home, and out to Golden, Co for the big monthly cruise. I barely had time to clean the dust off. Any way, here's a few pictures to see what I've been doing for the last twelve months.
dave in denver

133939966.jpg

Last fall bringing home the Biscayne from Amarillo
275776374.jpg

September 1, 2007

275776475.jpg

275776446.jpg

And finally, the muscle
275776349.jpg

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
VERY NICE!
love the Black with Gold/Fawn interior.
you do nice work, but that is obvious when seeing your cars.
Your chevelle is still one of my favorites though.:cheers

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Nice job Dave. There's something about a black car, that looks mean.:clap I know you're happy with the results.:clap Skip:)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dave: The last picture we saw of the house it had a massive pile of snow in front of it. Now it has a couple of neat Chevy's. I wonder what you like best:D :D
Robert

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I'm in Fort Morgan , Colorado this weekend for a neat small town car show and get together. Lots of guys stopped by to tell me stories of their cars in days gone bye. The 409 sure is a great converstion starter.

I like the 57 too, but I traded off the double trailer for a single, so I had to make a choice, and I'm loving having a 62 to show and shine.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Beautiful car Dave, Quite an accomplishment in only 12 months. Should acquire many trophies with it. Good luck,,,,,,,,,:)

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
A classic muscle car..... with a classic muscle car look.!

Passenger side profile photo (9/01/07) is a keeper.

Nice wheels and stance on this car Dave! I wouldn't change a thing...except ...yeah...you do need a hood.:bow

Ron

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Nice job...:bow Your 62' looks great.:cheers I love to hear all the old stories when the crowd sees that 409.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
A classic muscle car..... with a classic muscle car look.!

Passenger side profile photo (9/01/07) is a keeper.

Nice wheels and stance on this car Dave! I wouldn't change a thing...except ...yeah...you do need a hood.:bow

Ron

I've ended up having to split my hood all along the edge to seperate it from the braces. The hood is badly oilcanned, and I can't get to the bottom to stretch/shrink it. I hope to make this one straight enough to paint black, but if I can't I might paint it white, and letter it. Then I can distress it, and run it with

409 c.i.

on both sides of the hood, until I can locate a good hood to rework. Maybe even add a scoop. I have a few pictures somewhere, of a period correct 62 that looked like that.
What do you think?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Nice!

Dave, I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and say "Nice work"" on that '62!

It's gotta be hard to get those big quarters to look good in Black. Excellent effort, my hat is off to you and your accomplices :) :) :).

Anything you do with the hood I'm sure will be top notch :). Put a mailbox on it, paint it black!

Cheers!
TomK