LED strip lighting for your garage

bobs409

Administrator
Here is something cool. I got this roll of LED strip lighting ($6 bucks) to try out and I'm impressed! I got the "warm white" but there is a regular white and colors. Runs off of a 12 volt power pack that I got for $4 bucks.

I put it under the cabinets above my workbench in the garage. It comes on a roll 16' long which just happens to be the length of my garage workbench & cabinets so I didn't even have to cut it. ( you can cut at every 3rd LED and you can also join more on if needed)

I don't light up all of my garage once, only the area I'm working in so by having these, I can keep them lit so when I need something from the work bench (as long as I can find it in the mess!) I can see what I'm doing without putting the big lights on. Maybe now I'll clean the damn thing!

Here are just the LED's, no other lights on:

DSCN7392.jpg

Here I have one garage light on where I have the mill & lathe with the bench LED's:

DSCN7393.jpg

And here is what it looked like before. I think my camera cheated here and used the flash so it's more lit up that it should be. Notice it's hard to see what's at the back of the bench without the LED's:

DSCN7396.jpg

Installation couldn't be easier. Just peel the backing off and stick in place! My LED's are the cheaper model that is non waterproof and have 300 lumins per meter. You can get 360 and 720 lumins as well.

Here's an ebay seller that seems to have the best price. You can get just the lights or opt for the battery pack with it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-3528-505...hash=item51db2bf3b3:m:mpdad4Adbl8GfcUhHU6ZWKg

Last edited: