Legalized Marijuana

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well said Cecil, I’ve ask the question to a few doctors I know about medical marijuana and they all have said all it does is MASK pain and your senses nothing more. When I was in Vietnam as a Army boots on the ground squad leader I didn’t care how drunk you got during standdown, but you have better be ready when I said “lock & load” if I saw a joint you’ve never been to hell until now. My life and yours depends on you have all of your senses. Even a guy with a hang over is more alert then a guy that has smoked a joint.
I’ve never smoke the Legal or illegal Leaf, I have walked out of party’s when I caught a sniff. Also been laughed at as I left.
I’m OK with a person that has exhausted all the other means. Just ask to smoke in another room or outside.
Everyone knows my views about the subject.
Dave

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well said Cecil, I’ve ask the question to a few doctors I know about medical marijuana and they all have said all it does is MASK pain and your senses nothing more. When I was in Vietnam as a Army boots on the ground squad leader I didn’t care how drunk you got during standdown, but you have better be ready when I said “lock & load” if I saw a joint you’ve never been to hell until now. My life and yours depends on you have all of your senses. Even a guy with a hang over is more alert then a guy that has smoked a joint.
I’ve never smoke the Legal or illegal Leaf, I have walked out of party’s when I caught a sniff. Also been laughed at as I left.
I’m OK with a person that has exhausted all the other means. Just ask to smoke in another room or outside.
Everyone knows my views about the subject.
Dave
Thanks Dave, I certainly respect your view.
Just another rub for me. When the military decided that we were no longer trustworthy and started mandatory drug testing in the 80's that burned my ass. I had a piece of paper called a Commission signed by the President stating that I "enjoyed the special trust and confidence of the Congress Of the United States and the President" but we all still had to pee in the bottle on random checks. I actually had to fill up the jar and prove I wasn't a drug user right after landing from a drug interdiction mission. How rich is that? Same thing in the airline jobs…..random drug testing to prove I wasn't a user just for the privilege of plying my trade to make a living. You can't imagine how insulting that was to my honor and intelligence. If we need testing then by God so should every poitician up to and including the Pres himself. Most especially the last one . It started with Clinton getting elected to Commander In Chief as a draft dodger and admitted drug user. He was not qualified to enlist in the Armed Services much less be CIC.
I need to take my meds now but did I mention how much I hate drugs?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I also read that one joint has the equivalent amount of tar, nicotine, other toxic elements, as that of an entire pack of 20 cigarettes. Certainly something to think about, Carmine.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Let me tell you a little story of my one and only time with Mr. Weed. This was very early 1970s, my brother-in-law was a long haired hippie that grew his own smokes. One day my wife brought in 2 joints from her brother. Well I came home from work and went to the bath room for a set down and said I'll try one of those joints to see what all the fuss was about. So I smoked a whole joint while setting on the toilet. Came time to get up and I could not. could not get off the toilet, legs would not work. Had to have the wife help me. Took me about 30 minutes or so to get straight. Right then I decided I do not drink to get drunk, so why should I smoke to get drunk. It is funny now, but was not at the time. Flushed the other joint down the toilet.:smoke:crazy

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Let me tell you a little story of my one and only time with Mr. Weed. This was very early 1970s, my brother-in-law was a long haired hippie that grew his own smokes. One day my wife brought in 2 joints from her brother. Well I came home from work and went to the bath room for a set down and said I'll try one of those joints to see what all the fuss was about. So I smoked a whole joint while setting on the toilet. Came time to get up and I could not. could not get off the toilet, legs would not work. Had to have the wife help me. Took me about 30 minutes or so to get straight. Right then I decided I do not drink to get drunk, so why should I smoke to get drunk. It is funny now, but was not at the time. Flushed the other joint down the toilet.:smoke:crazy

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s
WOW W Head. You smoked the whole joint?? No wonder you couldn't get up :laugh, Carmine.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

This story goes ya one more W Head I heard this story a few years ago and Damn near died I laughed so hard.:smoke:doh:D

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/blew-moon/

Mark

chuckl

Well Known Member
I have no objection to medical-grade medical marijuana--It has been shown to be effective in alleviating pain for terminal cancer patients and others. Many severe autistic kids have shown great promise when administered doctor-supervised medical marijuana.

However, the camel's nose is under the tent. The push always starts with the inflated promises in the medical field. Like opioids, it has been abused by untold number of doctors for cases that do not qualify. Next comes the push for recreational use. Harmless, right? Why do we have a quantum leap in the drug rehab business? Get down in the gutter and talk to kids whose brains are fried and you will probably find the common thread is "recreational marijuana" as the start of the their problem. The old saw: "it is not a gateway drug and is non-additive" does not hold water.

I think Colorado is a good example. It made national news and was touted, by the proponents, that with legalized marijuana, the black market and high weed costs would disappear and the TAX benefit would be good for all. WOW! It has had the opposite effect. The illegal drug trade has increased with the greater demand for the "legal" marijuana. Take a cruise through the off-streets of downtown Denver and let me know what you find. Ask the police/highway patrol about the "lower crime rate."

Like Cecil, I have held high security clearances with the military and with commercial airlines. I was subject to freguent random drug tests. The last time I checked, it is still against federal law. Anyone with anything to lose is nuts to use marijuana, recreational or otherwise. All it will take is one incident/one mistake/one time to totally ruin your life. For me, it isn't worth it! :mad3

bobs409

Administrator
Any of you guys watch Live PD? Can you believe how many people are driving around with "weed" or other drugs in their car? Is this the new normal?? Many are high on it when they get pulled over! I don't believe in drugs but if your going to do them, STAY HOME! WTF?

This is with drugs being illegal. Can you imgine if it's legal? Being high is DUI just like drinking.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
They need to link all these things together while driving and bust their collective @ss's , booze , weed & drugs , cell phone use + texting while driving has to be the worst its almost like driving while intoxicated. The State police in Ohio will go on spree righting tickets for seatbelts violations and I've heard it said that sometimes it was almost impossible for the cops to see if they were wearing or not but when asked the cops would say oh we know. Well I would like to know why I'm not seeing any cell phone or texting while driving violations in the police blotter in the papers I mean how come the cops don't see this.

Mark

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Cell phone industry, has very effective Lobbyist's.:confused:bang Pot shouldn't be made legal. There are enough stoned assholes driving around now.:doh How would you like being out, driving your beautiful, Classic Chevy, enjoying your ride, and some drugged up clown, blows a Stop Sign, and T-Bones, your car?:drop My Chevy is RED, and it seems like it has a Bull's Eye, on it.:dunno Every time, I bring it out, I worry my ass off.:eek1 We live right near Central Ave. (Rte. 5) the most traveled and busy street, in our area. On Any day, you can see 70 % of the drivers, either Texting or Talking, on their phones.:bat Cops gave up. They don't even bother them.:bang