Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Tom, Things are looking really cool with the build.
Congrats with the grand-daughter, the are a real treasure.

Gav

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thanks for the congrats on the newest addition to the family. Barb and I are fortunate to have two grown up boys each residing within 2 hours of us (easy car ride). Each is married and each has one daughter (s0 far!). We just celebrated Year one with Madison in Kansas City and this past Wednesday in St. Louis welcomed Olivia to the family :) :) :).

TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom, congrats on granddaughter. I am anticipating one May 31st. (2nd) I have decided that my place has a better view but your facility is much more functional than mine so I'll push mine in the River with the excavator when the next oil barge comes by and the Capt. can push it out to the ocean.
Robert

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Robert:

I like the looks of your lot wayyyyy better! And with ocean access :).

After I work out all the kinks in this project, you can invite me to come out and build you a new two story building :) :) :).

Be forewarned, there is a bit of an expense associated with these construction projects. I'm already quite over budget, but undaunted I continue on :).

I hope to have something to show when you guys pass through mid-Missouri. I can host if needed, have lots of rooms at the Inn :).

Cheers!
TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Things have been slow going as of late, after the trusses went up it took three talented framers a total of 8 work days to add the many reinforcements that are required for support. Then it rained for a few days. Finally got a group of six guys together and laid the sheathing on those trusses. Roofers are next to roll out the 30# felt and then the architectural shingles, that will start maybe late next week (roofers are real busy around here, and my guy is swamped).

Here's what she looks like now:

STA_5714.JPG

STB_5718.JPG

Cheers!

TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Dave:

Architectural shingles have a certain "look" to them, giving some depth to the appearance of the roof. They cost a bit more ($70 per square in my case) but in my opinion add a certain quality to the build. I use HardiBoard (a cementious fiber board) for the siding, and the two complement each other well :). These have a 30 year warrantee, FWIW.

Dan: I hope you have as much fun as I am with your build! Remember: It's not a problem if you can fix it!

Cheers!
TomK