Listen to this

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Not necessarily, completely car related, but maybe just a little. My SiriusXM is due to expire soon in my Dodge Ram 1500 truck. If you don't call to cancel before expiration, they automatically renew it at some outrageous price. So, I just called a few minutes ago and wanted to renew before I found out it was $228.53. I told the nice lady I wasn't running a fever and that wasn't going to happen, so kindly cancel my account. She then said she would put me through to someone who would handle the cancellation. I then spoke with Singh Singh from Bangladesh. Certainly nice enough, but difficult to understand. After jockeying back and forth for a period of 10 minutes or better, he finally offered me a renewal at my old rate which was $109.12. I signed on for that. Case in point, they know what they can offer from the beginning. I don't know why they like to mess with you. A total waste of time. Do they really think someone would renew for that $228.53 and not challenge it?? Maybe someone does. I don't know, Carmine.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I go through the same thing Evert 5 months on my wife's Sirius subscription. Everytime a say cancel they give a better deal. The girl finally asks me what price they can give me to keep the subscription. I get them down to $30.00 for 5 months and then renew. I go through this every 5 months at renewal time.WHat a pain in the butt, my wife hardly drives her car but really wants Sirius. :doh

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Its conspiracy, they're trying to make us Crackers nuts over here and when they succeed Indian doctors wont be the only thing we have over here.

Mark

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hi everyone. Not necessarily, completely car related, but maybe just a little. My SiriusXM is due to expire soon in my Dodge Ram 1500 truck. If you don't call to cancel before expiration, they automatically renew it at some outrageous price. So, I just called a few minutes ago and wanted to renew before I found out it was $228.53. I told the nice lady I wasn't running a fever and that wasn't going to happen, so kindly cancel my account. She then said she would put me through to someone who would handle the cancellation. I then spoke with Singh Singh from Bangladesh. Certainly nice enough, but difficult to understand. After jockeying back and forth for a period of 10 minutes or better, he finally offered me a renewal at my old rate which was $109.12. I signed on for that. Case in point, they know what they can offer from the beginning. I don't know why they like to mess with you. A total waste of time. Do they really think someone would renew for that $228.53 and not challenge it?? Maybe someone does. I don't know, Carmine.
I don't pay anything ...It's nice but I just listen to the free stuff.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Good to know Carmine I'am getting ready to renew mine, will ask about a discount, thanks Pat
Yup. Hold out and say the word "cancel". Opens up the floodgate. I like the free stuff to Don, but I also enjoy the 50's-80's music, mainly 50's-60's, uninterrupted with no commercials. Get this, they even have a 40's channel. I really like hearing that big band era , Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Came across something I didn't even know I had. Apparently they sent me an offer that expired June 30th. It was for my C6 Corvette convertible. Since this car is very seasonal, I never subscribed to satellite radio. Their offer was $99.00 for a 3 year sign up. They even figured it was $2.75 per month. Holy crap. If I knew I had that, I would have been all over it, Carmine.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Came across something I didn't even know I had. Apparently they sent me an offer that expired June 30th. It was for my C6 Corvette convertible. Since this car is very seasonal, I never subscribed to satellite radio. Their offer was $99.00 for a 3 year sign up. They even figured it was $2.75 per month. Holy crap. If I knew I had that, I would have been all over it, Carmine.

Call them and ask, I think they may still allow

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

They don't mind. They pay Singh Singh .25 per hour and he's good with that because he's just practicing his English because he's coming to America to manage a motel. Probably with a government grant.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I go through the same thing Evert 5 months on my wife's Sirius subscription. Everytime a say cancel they give a better deal. The girl finally asks me what price they can give me to keep the subscription. I get them down to $30.00 for 5 months and then renew. I go through this every 5 months at renewal time.WHat a pain in the butt, my wife hardly drives her car but really wants Sirius. :doh

Stick with the Sirius Jim. Good wifes are hard to come by

Last edited:

MoboMac

Well Known Member
I get the same song and dance....with my phone, cable and internet....

It's like try and screw the existing customer base......and give it away for cheaper....to anybody that they are not doing business with already...

wristpin

Well Known Member
I had a call today with an offer to renew my warrenty that was ready expire on my new vehicle. Well.i didnt want that to happen so i pressed 1 as instructed!! I waited as they kept me in hold for only about 3 minutes when a friendly young gentleman answered thanking me fo waiting and telling me his name. I said take me off your fu©king call list and dont ever call me again. He was so nice saying he's sorry and he is doing it right now. Just to be sure we understood each other i got rude as he appologized again. It was kind of like the call i had yesterday. Tommorow im not going to be so nice.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We have a 2014 300 wife's car and I have a 2016 Silverado as our primary vehicle's. I let SiriusXM expire on both of them and there wasn't an automatic renewal if I did not call and cancel.

Carmine you must have something checked in your SiriusXM contract to cause automatic renewal requiring a call.

I continue too get those same offers as Jim Sullivan for 30.00 and sometimes 25.00 for 6 months I don't renew and then other times SiriusXM just activates SiriusXM hoping I'll renew on both vehicles.

If we were doing a lot of driving I probably would renew.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We have a 2014 300 wife's car and I have a 2016 Silverado as our primary vehicle's. I let SiriusXM expire on both of them and there wasn't an automatic renewal if I did not call and cancel.

Carmine you must have something checked in your SiriusXM contract to cause automatic renewal requiring a call.

Unfortunately, when you renew your subscription, part of the agreement is the automatic renewal at the "regular" ridiculous fee. You must contact them just before renewal or you start paying the inflated price. pita, but like Dave said, gotta keep the wife happy.