Looking for a 409

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Great website, found it the other day when I was doing a search for a 409. I owned a 1962 409 Biscayne from 1962 - 1964. Did a lot of drag racing on the East Coast & Mid-West where I went to college. I did pretty good except when we met up with the big guys. Lived near Grumpy Jenkins & raced the same places as Old Reliable. I owned a black 2dr 409 biscayne. It had custom tuned headers which looked like a plumber's nightmare with huge screw-off caps. Had the mufflers relocated to behind the rear wheel for better weight transfer & some misc . other stuff done to the car. When I traded it in back in PA in 1964 (went into the Army), I replaced the 4 speed with a 3 speed. Sure would like to know if the car might still be alive & well. Wish I had the vin #. I would really like to own another one so any help in finding a decent 409 at a reasonable price would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joel

starsailing1

Supporting Member 1
Welcome to the website Joel. The guys on this site are a bunch of great guys. Tons of support and knowhow advice and parts. Just jump in on any conversation topic . If you have any photos of the car you are looking for it may unclog some arteries long enough for someone who remembers where the car went to.
My friend Jody Anderson of NationalImpala.com buys and sells 409 engines and used parts if you want to put a motor together. Some great engine builders on this site. I check out many websites like Autobuild and Craigslist and I see a lot of 409s for sale. Just have to sit at the computer for hrs til you find one . Good luck.
Dave

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome- there is a red Bricklin for sale near me. They were built about 4 hours from here, they are a neat body style for their time. They would be an unusual place to stick a 409.

Don