Looking for a Machine Shop in Southern Calif?

convert

Hi Everyone! My first post. I am going to be building a stroker 348 to 434. I have read John Carollo, " How to Modify 348/409 Engines"
The Machine Shop that I was going to use, " Superior Automotive" has sadly closed its doors. Can anyone recommend a Machine Shop in So Cal with experience with 348 and 409 engines.
Thank you and I know I will have other question for you guys!

gmjack

Hi I also live in So Cal and I also have a 348 that I was going to have Superior build. I spoke to Joe about it about 5 months before he passed away. There was also 2 gentleman in Santa Ana that were very knowledgable on 409's but unfortunately they passed away also. I am unsure who to give my motor to. If you or any helpful member know of anybody I would greatly appreciate the heads up. THANKS

convert

Thank you BSL 409! Looked them up and they look really good! Only delta, is that Vintage Hot Rods are 500 miles from me. I can swing it if I have to, but would like to find something closer? Anyone else? Southern Calif or Vegas area?

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
JMS, Johnson Machine Service. Used and liked by many in the San Gabriel Valley.
I have used their machine services before. Nice machine work. I'll be dropping off all of my 348 crap next week for just about everything but cam bearings and final assembly of the short block and heads. They do some nice complete builds.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We have a member who lives in CA all his life. His name is Greg Reimer. Look up his name and send him a private message. He should be able to help you.
Good luck!

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Phil--Thanks for your confident endorsement, but I don't build anything for anybody else any more as a lot of the old shops are all gone by now. I want to figure out this Johnson Machine Service place, I still occasionally need stuff done, and it's hard to find anybody that thinks the way I do. The world of NHRA Stock Eliminator requires a lot of thinking outside of the box as it is. Need to follow up and check these guys out!!