lunati cam question

blumun53

Well Known Member
Push rod guides? They automatically make the push rods too short, and the push rod studs too tall. Anytime I put guides on a small block, I get longer pushrods. The screw-in studs are the right height when replacing the pressed-in studs with the screw-in type. But when you raise the stud by putting the guide underneath, the rocker arm will only adjust sooo far before the nut bottoms out. Measure the thickness of the guide, then order new push rods the appropriate length. It's my guess that the cam and lifters and rocker arms are probably fine.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Wrong!!!

Valves are the same height. Rockers will require same length pushrod. If stud is too long, boss will have to be machined. Longer pushrods will force the rocker to ride on the outer edge of the valve and wear out the guides early.

doc396

Well Known Member
not quite sure that would cause my problem:dunno just by looking at the rocker relationship to valve/pushrod, the rocker stud position would not change anything:doh not sure if i said that right????? i have to many pans on the fire, looks like the 327 is going on back burner again. i promised to get my buddies 70 SS396 back in running order for summer car shows:takethat doc