Man.....................I love my job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sing along with me if you would.

I'm off to see the Wizard.
The wonderful Wizard of Oz.
I'm off because...because...because.............

................there are parts out there that "need" to be in Kansas City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After 30 plus years of buying and selling 409 "stuff".................I finally own my very own set of 63 Z-11 front fenders!!!!!!!!!! And they are in beautiful shape!!!! Very few dings and bumps!!! Could not believe how nice they were!!! At 8# a piece....probably worth $4.09 at the crusher!!!! Got a "sniff" of these on Sunday night so called on Monday morning and left on Friday morning. The picture is self explanatory..............they spent the night with me INSIDE the motel room!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...........the decisions have to be made. I guess my options are:

1. Sell them outright. Don't really want to put them on my 63. Not practical as I want to drive the car...if I ever get it finished!!

2. What I think I really want to do...........we are trying to see if there is any connection with any car. If there is...I'd like to restore the fenders to the color and lettering as they were on that car. They are mis-matched numbers so would have been used on 2 different cars. Restore the fenders to 2 different cars. Add all the lettering and moldings and would make great Wall Art!!! I'm sure Hayden would let me letter one up like his 63. I think the resto would look great with all the little bumps and dents left in place.

3. I have always wanted to cut about 12" off the side of a car and mount it on the wall. 12" would give you some hood and decklid and front and back glass along with part of the roof. Mount everything on a wall......and have the door open!!! That way I could have the whole side of the car to paint and letter!! And when you opened the door............the rest of the interior would be painted on the wall. But the window would have to be in the closed position SINCE IT IS A RACE CAR BRAIN!!!! Neat project and probably hard to move!!!!

4. Turn my 63 into a Z-11 but really don't want...or have the money...to do that.

Here is the picture from the motel room. I'll post more this week.

z11fenders.jpg

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
My buddies cut up a Jaguar at about 12 inches and mounted it in their shop. Looks cool!

Oh yeah, nice score on the aluminum :) :) :).

Cheers!
TomK

bobs409

Administrator
You left off #5: Give them to Bob. (I'd of course pay the shipping) :laugh

Please don't cut up any cars for wall art. We lose too many as it is. (unless you want a Ford or Dodge, then it's ok)

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Like I said before Phil, get that Chevy done and on the road to Thompson. Hanging those fenders on it would be a very nice conversation piece!!:crazy

Lonnie

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Tom................we need to talk. You wanna come up to KC and touch my fenders?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, yeah, Sure!

Uh, can I sleep on the bed this time (with one of the fenders fer sure)?

:roll

Seriously, congrats!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I take my custom rifles into my motel room on ocassion, but you have raised the bar Phil........good find:dance

dac62

Supporting Member 3
Phil Are those the pair from up in Michigan. All you need now is my QM block.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Super cool Phil. You could hang them on your 63 once in a while on special occasions, just leave them unpainted so all can see how special they are.

Don

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It's not a job if you like it.
Work is what people have to pay you to do. If you like it, they shouldn't have to pay you.:deal

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Who else but Phil would go to a cheap motel so he could sleep with his new obsession.;)