Manifold Q?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nope. They thought the tri power was the trick set up but that is before they seemed to understand anything about velocity/flow...

iaco59

Well Known Member
Thanks . a guy is trying to sell me one. says its 1959. I have never heard of one. Im going to go look. I think the first 2x4 was 61 409-409 hp. I had heard of a 57 283 with 2x4 but never seen it.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks . a guy is trying to sell me one. says its 1959. I have never heard of one. Im going to go look. I think the first 2x4 was 61 409-409 hp. I had heard of a 57 283 with 2x4 but never seen it.
Never say never, however this sounds funny. Get Pictures so we can laugh to, or laugh at ourselves!!!!!

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My dad had one the rare 56 chevys with the 2x4 265 motor. And had many a 57 with both the 2x4 motor and fuel injected motor mostly were the 150 body style. Of all the cars a little bit more heavy BelAir with the 2x4 motor was his fastest. He ran that car thru 1960.

iaco59

Well Known Member
Wow! good news. He said it is complete with carter carbs. Might buy it to add to my collection. If it is off a 409 will it bolt up to a 348?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
As I understand it,the 61 409's were single carb'd with small port heads There might have been a service package,Pat might know for sure,that had the 2-4 set up,but did it include heads.Unless the factory produced an intake for those heads in this case,then that package manifold would have had large port heads,thus they won't work very well on a 348[all 348's produced used small port heads].All factory 2-4 intakes were for the larger port heads .Check the forum liberary for the casting number for the 62-64 intake,it usually ends with 881 as the last 3 numbers.If that's what he has along with the correct carb numbers he has a 62 or later set up and it's worth money.

iaco59

Well Known Member
I'll post the #'s.In late 61 only a few 409 were built would they also have ending numbers with 881?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Half the W world seems to be or wanting to run dual quads. Here is mine.
View attachment 88730
I'm pushing my dad to stuff this little 348 dual quad into his 29' Ford Roadster. Its coming out to put my 434 in with my 700r4 so better it goes back in something right away rather then set around collecting dust. Might do a cam swap while its out.