Manual tire changer

60convert

Well Known Member
either

if you do go the either route either make a line of it so you can stand a long ways away or light a piece of paper and throw it at the tire a buddy of mine had one blow up and take out his knee on a semi tire, but he was out the next week with the halo around his knee in the trackskavator. now he has the tire cage.
Jesse

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
my job.....

:cool:
thats a radical way to mount a tire, I learned that trick ohhh about 20 years ago wile changing split rim tires...This ole timer used to spray a small amount of starting fluid in the tire while on the rim, and a line of starter fluid on the floor (to the tire), lite the match, throw it on the floor, and KA-BOOM the bead was set !! worked every time...not the safe way to go, but it did the trick..

My first job was in the tire bay. When I 'ripened' and made it into the shop as a diesel mechanic, they got a new automated tire machine for the 'new' tubeless 22.5~24.5 wheels and tires. I heard many a story about the old tube type tires/wheels. But never had a problem mounting or dismount except for Firestone T1 tires (any size) or those dang 15" lowboy trailer tires. Those were the worst!

'Starting fluid? No, boss that must have been a sonic boom!' :D :D :D

You didn't use that on split rims, right? No need to - split rims were tube type.

:cool: