Master cylinder

Well Known Member
Something tells me that there was a notch somewhere for 63 power brake master cylinder.

Well Known Member
I cleaned it and striped the Orange paint. What is the date for 171 . The built date for my 63 Impala is September of 62.

It also has the small writing on the cap.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don't know if this is correct but looks like it may be a julian date code of June 21 or so.

Well Known Member
Thanks ,is there a way to tell if it's June 1962 for 63 model year because my car was built Sept 1962 for the 63 model year.

Last edited:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't have any documentation on those master cylinders but I see the CFD wagon wheel on that one and since our engines were changed to CFD and julian dates in May or June 62, I would think the MC would have also. That would make it for 63 production.
I have a few of those on the shelf but never paid much attention to them other than to look for the 63 Corvette part number and 7/8" cast bore.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I can get you an answer this week. Verne will know but he's busy this weekend helping with the judging at the MCACN show in Chicago

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I don't have any documentation on those master cylinders but I see the CFD wagon wheel on that one and since our engines were changed to CFD and julian dates in May or June 62, I would think the MC would have also. That would make it for 63 production.
I have a few of those on the shelf but never paid much attention to them other than to look for the 63 Corvette part number and 7/8" cast bore.

Don't pass by those lowly junk yard Corvairs, I think they used the same m/c that the Corvette used.
And, the Corvette vendors are repopping the M/C lids.
Oh and Pontiacs used this same style M/C in 62 and 63

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don't pass by those lowly junk yard Corvairs, I think they used the same m/c that the Corvette used.
And, the Corvette vendors are repopping the M/C lids.
Oh and Pontiacs used this same style M/C in 62 and 63
So did Oldsmobile.