May is a great calendar month

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I am looking forward to the 31 days in May. Tommy's 63 is the "car of the month". I hope everyone gets a chance to see this as well as his other cars:bow
robert

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks for the reminder Robert. Now I have to go out to the garage and flip the page over on the calendar. :D

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Robert,
Yeah, it's an honor for the '63 to be on the calender. I'm looking forward to this month also. The '61 SS 409 is nearing completion, I thought it would have been finished a month ago, had entered it in the AACA National Meet at Charlotte back in early April but didn't get it finished, now I'm trying to make the AACA meet in Cumberland Md. this month.

The car is basicly done but we're having lots of problems with the interior, the stuff just doesn't fit, looks like crap and not much help from the supplier, my interior shop is having to redo some of it and they are trying to get the thing done. Hopefully we'll make it. This is the 5th '61 that I've restored and have used the same interior supplier (no choice, there's only one supplier) and same interior shop on all of them, never had a problem before but we're sure having one this time!!. :dunno

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks for reminding me to turn the page. Yet another nice view for the month!

Tommy, congrats on getting that far along, I had no idea you were this close. Your attention to detail is impeccable. It would take me years to get one of those projects completed :).

Good luck in the home stretch!

Cheers,
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom.... yeah quality control is something I guess we are all dealing with in work and our hobbies. With the new interest I think I am seeing in 61's I would think that there would be another builder of the interiors. I have to redo the regulator and window equipment on the passenger door of my 61 and am dreading it for that reason. I am sorry to hear that you didn't make Charlotte with the car(neither did I) I will try to get to Cumberland but you are actually closer even though I live in MD:eek:

Bob: I have a calendar on the wall of my office and have several models of the cars of our era on the credenza behind the desk. They are a conversation piece when I have visitors which is frequent due to the water issues in the county:eek: I am on the front page of the paper this morning again:eek: I also have a calendar in the shop so I am enjoying our cars every day no matter where I am:hug It would be interesting to hear other comments where their calendars are. I wanted to put one in the kitchen but ran into verbal opposition from Ann:cuss :cuss

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Tom.... yeah quality control is something I guess we are all dealing with in work and our hobbies. With the new interest I think I am seeing in 61's I would think that there would be another builder of the interiors. I have to redo the regulator and window equipment on the passenger door of my 61 and am dreading it for that reason. I am sorry to hear that you didn't make Charlotte with the car(neither did I) I will try to get to Cumberland but you are actually closer even though I live in MD:eek:

Bob: I have a calendar on the wall of my office and have several models of the cars of our era on the credenza behind the desk. They are a conversation piece when I have visitors which is frequent due to the water issues in the county:eek: I am on the front page of the paper this morning again:eek: I also have a calendar in the shop so I am enjoying our cars every day no matter where I am:hug It would be interesting to hear other comments where their calendars are. I wanted to put one in the kitchen but ran into verbal opposition from Ann:cuss :cuss

Robert,
Just give her a choice,...... that or a playboy calendar.:D