Maybe this will be last hospital visit for awhile?

El Rat

Well Known Member
That’s where the LVAD driveshaft enters my chest and attaches to a golfball sized titanium pump that is implanted in my left ventricle.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
talk about hospitals, you guys won't believe this story...I brought Gerry's wagon home and the first thing I did was drive it around...valves seemed to be tapping so I figured I'd run the rails...#1 spark plug was super tight, red locktite tight...#3 was unreal...finally I got a 24" breaker bar as my 3/8th socket set gave me no leverage...left hand on the socket to stabilize it and the right to turn the wrench...I pulled with all my might to no avail...shot it with blaster and then proceeded to tear my rotator cuff and my bicep off my shoulder...I had surgery on the 18th and am still sore as hell...that's one story to tell at the pits...
Ouch!! I know thats painful, I had a friend tear his bicep loose. Hope your feeling better 59K9.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
talk about hospitals, you guys won't believe this story...I brought Gerry's wagon home and the first thing I did was drive it around...valves seemed to be tapping so I figured I'd run the rails...#1 spark plug was super tight, red locktite tight...#3 was unreal...finally I got a 24" breaker bar as my 3/8th socket set gave me no leverage...left hand on the socket to stabilize it and the right to turn the wrench...I pulled with all my might to no avail...shot it with blaster and then proceeded to tear my rotator cuff and my bicep off my shoulder...I had surgery on the 18th and am still sore as hell...that's one story to tell at the pits...

So spark plugs are still in there?

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
yeah, I've run hard and put myself up wet...spark plugs are out by sheer determination...used the left arm to get the rest of the plugs...I swear I was using 100 ft/lb of torque on damn spark plugs...been on the tractor for most of the day, life goes on with or without me...I see the doc Thursday to find out just what went on during surgery, I sure didn't expect a knife to used on me...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
yeah buddy, when it popped I saw a white blue light as I got to my knees...I'm told by the nurse they debrided my muscles as bone from shattering my clavicle back in '69 was disbursed all thru out my shoulder...I'm real curious to speak to my doctor...as long as I keep my elbow touching my hip it's fine, lift it to do the chicken dance and I'd tear up...feels like a soldering iron being stuck in my arm when it gets pissed at me for moving it wrong...