MD DOT issues?

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Jester

I was aware of the hazmat situation but not the amounts , the same thing goes with water , i think it is 100 gallon or more & you need a tanker endorsement.

The killer of all this is an RV is not watched as closely or not at all !! :dunno
Large water & sewage tanks , generator fuel tanks , propane & NON DRIVERS at the wheel ! That may upset some , but the people i know that have them never drove anything bigger than a SUV.

As dq says maybe the RV industry has a lobby or whatever to watch over their interests. :dunno :dunno

Well i have said my peice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The primary reason for these laws is a revenue generator. They can pick on a minority of the public and law enforcement knows that they can do it and not enough stink will be raised. We are being inundated by laws that seem to protect us from ourselves. Law enforcement has lobbiest who get these laws passed so they can be revenue generators. I would never think of riding a motorcycle without a helmet but it is my head and I should be the one to choose to protect it. Even though it is safer to ride in a vehicle with seat belts, it should be my choice whether I us them or not. And if I have a car that I wish to tow in a trailer for my pleasure then I should be able to pay the license fee and tow it. DOT looks at it from revenue and a power stand point not freedom of the people. If Sam Adams and John Hancock were alive today they would be oiling up their muskets!:cuss Join Sema also. Roy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
One more thing to consider is getting a writing campaign going.

When Montana was considering reinstating the helmet law, bikers from all over the West did a letter/email campaign to the law makers there stating that they would chose to vacation elswhere if it passed.

They got so many letters the bill failed to pass.

There is power in numbers !!

The hard part is getting enough people mad to start the ball rolling.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I'm still gathering info. Jester is right on the money. In MD you can't carry more than 17 oz of fuel on or in a trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that's just gasoline. if it's racing fuel or alcohol it's MD hazemat requirements and reporting. I hope to put together all my findings tonight after my lodge meeting. This is a big problem for me and a big problem for car owners or other trailer owner's in MD. Bob Walker has it made. He carries super secret robots with Gov't tags. And all I want to do is to be able to trailer the only 348 at Norwalk.
Robert

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
. Bob Walker has it made. Robert

no i dont............i drive the govt dually for work. whether i want to or not. not for any personal gain or enjoyment.
some of you have seen my personal rig. 1999 1ton GMC with 24ft pace shadow.
i've never been bothered yet, but it looks like i will. glad you guys are arming me with the knowledge that i will need. thanx