Metal box project

bobs409

Administrator
Just for fun, I made a metal box, 7 x 4 x 3 inches. Did this one in 18GA steel but with all the bends it's really strong. Going to try one with 22GA next as it should be plenty tough.

I still have to spot weld the corner tabs but you get the idea.

Took longer than I thought it would but I made a template for it too so I can make more of them easier now.

And that's how I spent my Saturday. :D

DSCN8120.jpg DSCN8121.jpg DSCN8122.jpg DSCN8123.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Well there's 2 ways this can go down. I can either put stuff in the box or I can leave the box empty. :rub :tongue

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
How about you make lots of boxes each smaller than the earlier so they can all fit inside each other
Then for the last very small box find a very important item that you know you will be looking for in the future and put it in this box
You will never forget where it is:laugh

Steve

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I made four similar boxes a couple weeks ago. Mine are 17"x11"x8" high, 26 gauge galvanized. They use plexi glass bottoms and I'll bet you're boxes won't be used for the same thing as the ones I made.20170821_193740.jpg 20170821_193721.jpg 20170821_193810.jpg

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Nope, no fishing, at least not with the boxes. They're rabbit nest boxes for my daughter's Giant Chinchilla rabbits. She was using wood boxes, but they are way too hard to keep clean.

bobs409

Administrator
I made four similar boxes a couple weeks ago. Mine are 17"x11"x8" high, 26 gauge galvanized. They use plexi glass bottoms and I'll bet you're boxes won't be used for the same thing as the ones I made.

I need something to put small cut off pieces of steel and aluminum so I thought a few of these would work. The 18 gauge is murder to bend though. Going to try 22 gauge next and roll a few beads in the bottom for strength. (an excuse to use my handy dandy bead roller!)