Metal project: (mystery item!)

bobs409

Administrator
Normally I would go into detail all about my latest project but this time, let's see if anyone can guess what this contraption is! :laugh4

I will post the full story later around 2PM Eastern time with all the pictures.

DSCN3587.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
One thing that's been bugging me for a long time is where to hang parts up to dry, whether it be car parts or gizmo's I've created. Up until now, I've used anything I could find like drawer handles, bench vises, air line piping, edges of tables and anything! When this idea popped in my head, I had to pursue it. :D

For stability, I started with a brake drum base. Because I wanted to use this both inside and out, wheels were a must. This can be used to hang parts to dry or take it outside and paint the parts right on it. I even put a handle on it so just tip it back and roll it to where you want it. I also wanted the ability to fold it up when not in use to maximize space. No tools needed to go from storage to full use.

It goes up to 78 inches at full height so should cover just about anything. :) I've made some special hooks as shown but there are many other versions as time goes on that I will make. I think something like an ammo box at the base might be used to store them.

I can see this as a build in progress as it can be improved as needed and I already have some more ideas. Happy with it so far though. :)

400.jpg401.jpg402.jpg403.jpg404.jpg405.jpg406.jpg407.jpg408.jpg409.jpg

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow. I like that one Bob. I am always looking for a spot to have small parts. light fixtures, shelve, welder handles...:blah
I think I could do one myself with a twist. when will I get to it?:dunno