Metalworking: Poor mans welding angle fixtures

bobs409

Administrator
A few new toys I got done making. A "tribute" to the Certiflat corner square and a pair of Fireball tools angle squares.

For now I opted not to paint them but still giving that some thought.

The corner square is made from 6 x 6 3/16" plate. It features 16mm holes to match my new Certiflat welding table. This is a great jig when welding 2 parts at 90 degrees from each other and also adding a "leg" or upright piece. What's nice about this jig is you can weld from ALL sides.

I also made a pair of "knock offs" of the Fireball tools squares with alignment tabs. These sell for $65 a piece, much more fun building them in your own shop. ;) They are made from an 8 x 8 x 1/4" thick plate that was cut diagonally to give the 2 triangular flat pieces. Then the outer perimeter is made from 2 inch flat stock, 1/4".

These will be a great addition to my shop and I know I'll use them a lot. I mocked up a few pieces in some of the photo's showing how they are used:

DSCN2769.jpgDSCN2770.jpgDSCN2771.jpgDSCN2772.jpgDSCN2773.jpgDSCN2775.jpgDSCN2776.jpgDSCN2777.jpgDSCN2778.jpgDSCN2781.jpg