Mice Damage

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
These are the ugliest photos of my 57 you will ever see,I'm ashamed to show them.This is what mice can do to your car while in winter storage.Mice climbed up my pillar posts and had a party on my headliner and destroyed my headliner :doh :eek: :roll :cheers :evil :deal :nono1: :grumble:

Picture570.jpg

Picture572.jpg

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
darn shame Jim, hope you can get it cleaned up and good as new
i think we all have a bad mouse story. found a hole in 'liner of the old 62 i had in highschool. it was right in front of the left visor. when i would do a nasty burnout, smoke would come out the hole. once as i was trying to deny the burnout to an officer. :roll

my wife doesnt understand to this day why i will kill a mouse on sight any chance i get.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have mouse traps all over my shop. One at the side of every overhead door.
I also put mothballs in my cars. I can't stand the smell, but it seems to work.
In the spring, out come the mothballs and it's time to air-out the interior.

Man, that's a bummer, about your headliner! They sure didn't waste any time,
did they!

Maybe a shop cat with a machine gun would help !

Attachments

• pissypussy_3035.gif
    pissypussy_3035.gif
    95.8 KB · Views: 43

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's a bummer Jim. I know when we pulled the headliner out of the 58 wagon (from Colorado) it was full of mouse droppings and urine. It was just really disgusting.
Here in AZ I haven't had any probs with mice. Maybe 'cause the coyotes and snakes keep them under control.:scratch

wc chevys

Well Known Member
A friend of ours told us about a gadget that plugs into a outlet and puts out some kind of sonic wave or something we can not hear.It is made to keep mice away. His garage was infested before he had this, he has only seen one rodent since buying this

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
A friend of ours told us about a gadget that plugs into a outlet and puts out some kind of sonic wave or something we can not hear.It is made to keep mice away. His garage was infested before he had this, he has only seen one rodent since buying this

That device also works well on moles and voles
Robert

No409

Supporting Member 1
i use dryer sheets you use with the laundry. make the car semll good, and no mice

i didnt believe it when someone told me, but it works

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
$10 at Home Depot

Not a critter in sight with this thing.

Attachments

• mousecontrol.jpg
    mousecontrol.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 62
I also use the dryer sheets. It is nice to get into your car after 4-5 months of being in storage to have the smell of your choice, not the smell of mouse. I know I may sound like a red neck but we have tried the mothballs in our combines with little success. Switched to the dryer sheets with much better results.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dryer sheets ? Never heard of doing that. Sure would be a lot more pleasant
smell than the old moth balls.
How long will these last, before they evaporate ? :dunno

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Dryer sheets ? Never heard of doing that. Sure would be a lot more pleasant
smell than the old moth balls.
How long will these last, before they evaporate ? :dunno

They last quite a long time. The dryer sheets will for sure do the trick over a winter storage season. but for longer storage I would try and replace them every so often for maximum protection.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They last quite a long time. The dryer sheets will for sure do the trick over a winter storage season. but for longer storage I would try and replace them every so often for maximum protection.

Ok. Thanks. I'm going to try it. I'm stickin' with the mouse traps by the overhead
doors though.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My wife has yet to notice that her supply of dryer sheets are missing. Stuck em in and under the seats and trunk areas. Guess I better tell her before laundry day gets here.

Bubpster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
new residence

You probably know by now you should have gotten references before they moved in. Did you get a substantial cleaning deposit:roll You should have been a little concerned when you saw those whiskers of Mrs. Jones. I've always said I'd never trust a female with long whiskers. Sorry about the trouble. We'll be on the look-out for these lowlife scum out here in California.

CHEV601234

Well Known Member
Bouhce dryer sheet are fine, and baggies on the tailpipes, but here's what to do.
Get a 3.5 or 5 gal plastic pail, a small plastic soda bottle, a coat hanger and a stick of wood, and some dry roasted peanuts. Drill a hole in the bottom of the soadbottle, glue the peanuts to it, thread the coat hanger through it and hang it in the bucket a couple inches below the top. fill the bucket with 4" of antifreeze and tape the woood stick to the edge as sa ramp.
They climb th ramp, see the peanuts, jump on the bottle, it spins and they land inthe antifreeze.
No traps to check, dead mice to get rid of or new bait to out out. :roll

starsailing1

Supporting Member 1
Had mice in my ex's 96 Ford SHO. I saw one in the car as we were driving. Turned around and took out the 58 saying I felt like a cruise coming on. Later that night I bought the mice catching sticky flypaper like squares and placed them front and back on floors. Caught 3. Noticed bird seed on seat, found the headliner packed solid front to back. 30lbs. worth! So if you need to catch the ones hiding somewhere in the car, put some plastic down, a trap makes a real mess, if you use the sticky paper anchor them down. Don't store birdseed in the garage unless in heavy duty plastic tall tub! Hate them meeces to pieces!