mikehd56

mikehd56

Supporting Member 1
New old guy Mike here from CA.
Heavy Chevy owner since I was 17 years old. 64 SS 327 coupe donated by Grandma back when I was in High School when she lost the bottom end. Rebuilt with Dad and she stayed together through the military and later marriage and kids. Now I am doing ground up restoration and having fun doing it. Have read your posts in the past. Did not see anyone from the west coast. Maybe I can even it out.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Welcome to the forum, Mike.

No West Coast guys? Oh contrair, there are quite a few of us. There a number of guys in CA along with OR, WA, ID, and Western Canada.

Glad to have you aboard.

Paul

mikehd56

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Garbageman and Dick MacKenzie.

Will try to get the hang of this site and send some pics of my project. I am still in the mock-up stage before paint. Seems each thing I change, I have to change five more to make it work. Thats part of the fun, right?:bang

Attachments

• 06_17_06.jpg
    06_17_06.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_0138.jpg
    100_0138.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_0175.jpg
    100_0175.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0163.jpg
    100_0163.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_0192.jpg
    100_0192.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 65

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mike, Welcome to the site. Looks like you have a fun project going with Grandma's 64.:clap I am another West Coaster but just little further North. Glad to see you finally made it here. There is a lot of help and a great bunch of folks here...:cool: Dan

mikehd56

Supporting Member 1
Thanks

Thanks Tripower for the welcome. :cheers
Nice 61 on your avitar. 348 w/tripower? Always liked those cars. Really different looking at night with the head lights on. Real close to the outsides of the fenders. Hope you guys don't mind I don't have a W- block. Trying to make up for it with the ZZ-383.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Tripower for the welcome. :cheers
Nice 61 on your avitar. 348 w/tripower? Always liked those cars. Really different looking at night with the head lights on. Real close to the outsides of the fenders. Hope you guys don't mind I don't have a W- block. Trying to make up for it with the ZZ-383.

Mike, yep 348 3X2 4-speed. Hey there are a lot of members here with BBC, SBC, and everything in between. This is really a great group with lots of help.:cool:

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Not only are there left coasters here, but some with 64 SS Impalas very near your home town, I'll be racing a 75 Monte Carlo next Sunday in San Berdo at the Orange Show Speedway, it's a Sunday day race, part of this years special winter heat series. And FYI these guys really know their X frames and W engines, all I do is read these posts and get an education every time. Like after info posted here found my serial number stamped on my 4 speed, I didn't know that was done on these cars, engine yes but not the trans. Now I have the original tranny which will get freshened up and installed when I figure out which clutch works best in a 64, 409, 4 speed, posi.

mikehd56

Supporting Member 1
Thanks dgwar, tripower, & DaveFoster

I have been noticing some of the posts are some pretty freindly personalities. I get a couple chuckles here and there. Also some good responses to tech questions as DaveFoster said. Pretty much hit the nail on the head and don't make you feel like a dum-arse asking.
On my project I just put the body back on temporarily. Still in mock up stage and need to assemble enough so exh. system can be made. That way the mounts on the frame can be made and I can powder coat. Having complete custom system made. I tried Hooker on the headers and would be ok if running 14" wheels. I have set of Appliance headers which would have fit that I have had since high school but unsure if they can handle new power plant. Also since headers are going to be custom I installed a large capac. oil pan.
DaveFoster- So you are a circle track racer? I go to the Orange show every now and then. Did the season pass last year. Have a buddy who is an official there (Safety Safari). We probably know some of the same people. I'll try to make it out there Sunday and look for that 75 Monte in the pits.

Attachments

• 0_01_07RH1.jpg
    0_01_07RH1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 01_01_07LH.jpg
    01_01_07LH.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 54