More bikes

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow, those Harley riders are getting soft. They got tents now. We used to take a picnic table and throw a trap over it. Nice rock for a pillow.
There were plenty of nights we slept on the ground under what ever was around,,,:hide Got stuck in one of the worst thunder storms ever sleeping like that !! Ended up running to the shower house and sleeping on the concrete,,,, We don`t do the KOA to KOB riding !!!:bat

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
We got Sharry a new bike this year. A 97 Heritage Springer,, 16,000 miles on it!! Absolutely like new!! Found it in Montana and she rode it back!! Best rider I ride with!!
407689154.jpg

How did she like the ride of the Springer compared to her bagger----leaving out the Evo vs Shovelhead part?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Wow, those Harley riders are getting soft. They got tents now. We used to take a picnic table and throw a trap over it. Nice rock for a pillow.

I found a high class rest stop outside of Farley, Iowa in the early 70's that had covered picnic tables.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
How did she like the ride of the Springer compared to her bagger----leaving out the Evo vs Shovelhead part?
I gotta say it is one of the best riding bikes I`ve ridden! We were both concerned about the springer but they ride great! As far as the EVO verses Shovel? No comparison !! I love Shovels but ya can`t keep up with the Evo`s on one!! She loves the new power and the 5 speed !!! I had a fast Shovelhead chopper but the old baggers are heavy and slow with low and wide gearing,,,,

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks for the reply. Never been on the newer springers, just curious.Yep, hop on the Evo and ride the crap out of it, change the fluids and do it again, maybe adjust the belt every couple years but usually need a tire by then anyhow.