More Ink or Just who is Ray Borba???

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Other than the ultra rare hi-po stuff like Yenkos COPO's and Hemi's I think the car market has come back down to earth and is actually affordable again for normal people. I have owned them all in years past but my true love has always been the 409 ! I was only 5 when they came out in 61. BUT being an Italian kid in Chicago,my grandparents AND my aunt had pizzerias !! That meant the old Seeburg jukebox in the dining room. Even at that tender age it was infused in my blood. I still remember the buttons to push on that old juke...B6...Beach Boys 409 ! US30 , Union Grove were places I would visit often with cousins from an early age. It took me quite a few years to actually get my first 09 but ever since I have had one. This one will be my last one. Hopefully my son will carry on when they put a fork in me ! If he doesn't I know one of my daughters will !!! There is just something special about the era and what these cars meant in that time that will live on forever. Long live our truck motors. Nothing else like em. :cheers

Me and few old friends were supposed to go to Union Grove in the late 70s to attend the Midwest 409 club versus the AMC club. We couldn't make it because my friends old Chevy Van (another good song!) Would barely make it around the block, much less to Wisconsin from Ohio. Yes , the great memories of the mighty 09! Lifting the heads on the block was quite a work-out too! But, oh to relive those great days and know what I know now!

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Me and few old friends were supposed to go to Union Grove in the late 70s to attend the Midwest 409 club versus the AMC club. We couldn't make it because my friends old Chevy Van (another good song!) Would barely make it around the block, much less to Wisconsin from Ohio. Yes , the great memories of the mighty 09! Lifting the heads on the block was quite a work-out too! But, oh to relive those great days and know what I know now!

That was a great race. I beleive we beat the AMC's. No surprise there. Try and go to Thompson. Great fun. Bob

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Go buy that 348 in PA

Fattydiggs:

You should come to Thompson this June :).

Also, not telling you what to do with your hard earned monies, but Mark over in PA has a 348 he'd sell for $350, that's a great deal!

Cheers!
TomK

I plan to come to Thompson this year. I was going to last year, but got sidetracked. I hope to buy a 409 (at least a block) there.
That doesn't surprise me we beat the AMC club. Did you go to the Milan race in '83? It was great! I have lots of photos! I don't have my yellow 409 club shirt yet (wore it out!), but I still have my little oval window sticker from the Midwest 409 club. Look forward to Thompson!

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was going to last year, but got sidetracked. I hope to buy a 409 (at least a block) there.

It's to bad you missed last year, Barry Taylor had a fresh 409 with a stroker crank in it for sale at a give away price.

Dave

Man, bummer! Hope some other deals exist this year. If not, at least I can enjoy the sound of a mean '09 burning up the 1320! Better than any stereo!