moroso trick springs?

A fellow in the east, is using them in his 62 Impala 409 drag car ( high 9's:eek: ). He gave me MUCH advice on parts selection, including what springs he uses. He said the ones to choose are the set for 69 Camaro with big block/ iron heads.
I've installed them in my 62.
With no wiper system, no heater system, no options, little rad, aluminum flywheel, clutch, balancer, water pump..... car sat too low.
I have inserted two adjustable spring spacers in each. at their lowest possible setting, the car is a little too high right now ( here's a picture taken yesterday ).
I'm going to grind a bit off the inserts, and bring the front end down about 1/2" from where it is now.

Simple answer to your question...
If your car is near stock weight, there is no out-of-the-box Moroso spring that will work:doh

tatt2jim

do you think with aluminum headed big block chevy ,no heater ,glass hood,no wheelwells it would be light enough to sit right?

thanks for the help ... right now car has 409 wagon springs and i have no weight transfer to help hook up ...i can spin 29x11.5x15 hoosie dot pros at will

jim

Well, we certainly have the tire-spin condition in common:bang

These springs should be just about right on for your car...
I'll get the part number for you.

tatt2jim

yeah the tire spin is a problem ..but its fun at times ..lol i have gotten it better with playing with the ladder bar settings and shocks , but then i measured front end travel and i have about an inch and a half... but i think if i can get the front lower and weight transfer im gonna e in for a hell of a ride :beerbang

cliff-1972

Well Known Member
I am also running 409 wagon springs up front w/ 90/10 comp engineering shocks.Out back I have comp eng. 50/50 with stock coils(I removed 1 coil from them),air bags in both,boxed stock control arms(still a three link for now,but have materail to do a 4 link stock style)I have 3 degrees of negative pinion angle.I am using a one piece drive shaft.The front of my car has no inner fenders and a VFN glass 4 1/2" cowl hood.The car hooked great with when I shot 100hp of Nos out the hole with old 408BBC and ran a 7.24 1/8th.With 468BBC I have shot any Nos and it will spin alittle out the hole.I switch to a trans brake to try and get the affect of a nos launch at the the same time I installed the 468BBC.I have played with the air bags also.I run 17psi in pass side and 11psi in driverside.This is on 28/10.5 MT slicks with 17 psi tire pressure.I am launching at 3200 rpm's on the brake.It will put the front tires in the air:D However though,the front is twisting on launch,kinda like Mr.409 does:bow I am going to add front frame horn bars off the roll cage to help the twist some.I got a set of Currie upper and lower control arms to install when I go to a 4 link.I may also install a anti-roll bar also.I think adding some more negative pinion angle would help to.Just thought I'd share what I have done with ya.Good luck:D