Motorcycles

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I received this today. Only those of us who ride............truly understand the meaning of this whole message. If you do ride...ENJOY. If you don't......well, what can I say!!!!

Subject: A Truth of Life:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 60 mph!

You start the game of life with a full pot of luck and an empty pot of experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.

It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed.

The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rearview mirror.

Never be afraid to slow down.

Sometimes it takes a whole tank full of fuel before you can think straight.

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.

Never hesitate to ride past the last street light at the edge of town.

Never do less than forty miles before breakfast.

If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.

A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.

Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and lived.

Young riders pick a destination and go...
Old riders pick a direction and go.

Sometimes the fastest way to get there is to stop for the night.

Work to ride & ride to work.

Whatever it is, it's better in the wind.

The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Handlebars are the best frame for a sunrise.

When you're riding lead, don't spit.

A friend is someone who'll get out of bed at 2 am to drive his pickup to the middle of nowhere to get you when you're broken down & without asking “What the hell were you doing?”

Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at 70 mph can double your vocabulary.

There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer. (Ed. note....ANY bike on a trailer!!)

Don't lead the pack if you don't know where you're going.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Don't argue with an 18-wheeler.

If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

There are drunk riders.
There are old riders.
There are NO old, drunk riders.

You can forget what you do for a living when your knees are in the breeze.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

REMEMBER –
There is a reason you don’t see motorcycles in front of Psychologist’s Offices!!

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great Post Phil, It's always about the journey, not the destination. Best roadtrips I've ever taken are just point it and go and wherever you end up is the place you're supposed to be.:cool:

Tim

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
love it!!!!!!!!!

I went on a over 100 mile run yesterday. The 750 was running real good, but it was just a might cold. It was still great to be in the wind. I also found a new slot shop while I was out.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil,

A few years ago, my wife and I were riding our scooters to an ABATE "Summers End" party, when I noticed she had "dropped-off".

We were on a remote stretch of 2 lane blacktop, lots of turns and trees. I looked in my mirror only to notice she was gone! :dunno

I stopped & turned around. I spotted her back about 2 miles. She was pulled
off to the side of the highway, standing up, doing a funny kind of new "Break
Dance"!

When I pulled up, she was peeling off her leather jacket. Seems that a yellow jacket had gone up her unzipped left sleeve!!!

Now, we've done our share of dancing, but I've never seen her boogie like that!!
What A hoot that was!! :roll :roll :roll

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Speaking of ABATE,,, we read these at our meeting yesterday and had everyone laughing !!!:D

I can relate to the bee thing,,,

Back when I was young and indestructible I road with out eye protection.
Got hit square in the eye by a bee !!:eek:

BOTH eyes immediately watered shut !!!

Had my brother on the back and wow what a trip it was to find the side of the road,,,

My brother was telling the story the other day.
I guess I was giving him a ride home from school and afterwards he went into the house and told my mom to never send me to pick him up again on my bike (Honda 750):roll

I wore eyeware from then on,,,,:doh ,, dq

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Stung

I got stung on the tip of my nose. 35 mph with the wife on the back.
Same story, my eyes instantly watered shut. boy did that hurt:doh

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bee sting

I have had several encounters with large insects while riding.

The one I really remember happened in 1989. I was on Hwy 18 in central SD on a 1988 Suzuki 1100 Katana. Out there you may not see more than one car or truck in five miles.

Just crusing along about 110 and spotted a speck in the air that soon became a bee inbedded in my neck right about on my Adams apple. It was scratching and trying to pull away all the while I was trying to stop.:cry :cuss

After stopping and scraping out the stinger I was good enough to go in about 20 minuites.:grumble:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
On the way to Sturgis on I-90 in 1996................we ran into a swarm of grasshoppers!!!! My black Ultra was completely yellow across the front!!! Had that yellow "stuff" on my helmet too!!!! Some even got around the lower fairings........gwad, they sting when they hit!!!!!! It was worse than riding in the rain because the grasshoppers were so much bigger than any rain drops I've ever encountered!!!

Just part of the experience!!!!!!!!!! Something that people in 4-wheelers NEVER experience!!!!:cry :cry :cry

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
On the way to Sturgis on I-90 in 1996................we ran into a swarm of grasshoppers!!!! My black Ultra was completely yellow across the front!!! Had that yellow "stuff" on my helmet too!!!! Some even got around the lower fairings........gwad, they sting when they hit!!!!!! It was worse than riding in the rain because the grasshoppers were so much bigger than any rain drops I've ever encountered!!!

Just part of the experience!!!!!!!!!! Something that people in 4-wheelers NEVER experience!!!!:cry :cry :cry

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
.......gwad, they sting when they hit!!!!!!
:cry :cry :cry

BOY DO I KNOW THAT ONE !!!!

Going throught Montana two years ago we ran through a flock? heard? Swarm,,
of grasshoppers too !!

Felt like rocks being thrown at you !!!
When they hit your legs they would leave welts and the green goo would splatter down the whole side of your bike !!!

Thank gawd for wind sheilds !!!!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
BOY DO I KNOW THAT ONE !!!!

Going throught Montana two years ago we ran through a flock? heard? Swarm,,
of grasshoppers too !!

Felt like rocks being thrown at you !!!
When they hit your legs they would leave welts and the green goo would splatter down the whole side of your bike !!!

Thank gawd for wind sheilds !!!!

Wind shields are for sissys :evil

hrlykngt

Well Known Member

good post Phil,

I bought a new to me road king right before the little tornado incident and had only gotten to put a hundred miles on it. I was jonsen bade to get in the saddle and finally against better judgment did, I paid for it my arm went almost numb after the ride but it is truly a sense of freedom that many people dont know. I have ridin been more since and experienced the lookin back at the rain the other day, stayin ahead of it for about 60 miles, it was a great ride. I did get soaked the next day but I dried out eventually. That new invention (windshield ) sure makes it more comfortable. Now just gotta get some apes on the thing and make it feel right.
Finally sold my baby the ol shovel, knew every nut and bolt and hated to watch it ride off, but it bout paid off the new one and I will only have 15oo bucks in a beautiful evo Road King.
Oh well got a big rally this weekend (Faunsdale) clubs goin over and set up for the weekend, there havin a breezy ride sat nite so will have a buncha great pics come mon. Wish yall could be there.
Harley

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wind shields are for sissys :evil

Yep,,, That me,,, BIG OL WOOSIE !!!!

Ya gotta have at least TWO bikes,,,

One for long rides with floor boards, bags and of course the sissyshield and one like a bad *** chopper !!

Bikes with radiators are for Pu**ies !!!:roll

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bikes with radiators are for Pu**ies !!!l

Way to go DQ!!!!! My thoughts excatly~!!!!!:roll :roll :roll

Except.........the V-Rod engine is the future of Harley-Davidson. They are rumored to be in the dressers fairly soon??@!!:cry :cry :cry

It may be enviromentally correct.................but it just won't be the same!! Just like the Twin Cams.........really a great engine but there isn't anything like an old Pan, Shovel or even an Evo passing you on the Interstate at 90 with straight pipes!!!!!:clap :bow :eek:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Way to go DQ!!!!! My thoughts excatly~!!!!!:roll :roll :roll

Except.........the V-Rod engine is the future of Harley-Davidson. They are rumored to be in the dressers fairly soon??@!!:cry :cry :cry

It may be enviromentally correct.................but it just won't be the same!! Just like the Twin Cams.........really a great engine but there isn't anything like an old Pan, Shovel or even an Evo passing you on the Interstate at 90 with straight pipes!!!!!:clap :bow :eek:

I haven't encountered that phenomenom,,,,,,,since I ride a Gold Wing,,,,,,,that is a Harley passing me. :evil

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Now!! Now!!!!

I haven't encountered that phenomenom,,,,,,,since I ride a Gold Wing,,,,,,,that is a Harley passing me. :evil

FAT...............you really can't say that!!!!!?????:dunno :dunno :dunno

You know you have been passed by at least one Harley!!!!!!! You can't run 90 all the time!!!! That's OK...............I know you mean well.......................

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
FAT...............you really can't say that!!!!!?????:dunno :dunno :dunno

You know you have been passed by at least one Harley!!!!!!! You can't run 90 all the time!!!! That's OK...............I know you mean well.......................

Aww shucks phil, things have been a little tame here lately. I thought you would have let my post ride a little, just doin a little fishin. ;)

Speed

Supporting Member 1
"passing"..doesn't seem to be a problem with the V-Rod...
I love 'em all really
The Valkerie's were great!