Msd

FYN409

Fatride, Is this a W housing distributor, or are you using an adaptor? If it is W when did they come out with it, I looked for one a while back but couldn't find it? Also, what is the part #?

Thanks,
Ryan(FYN409)

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
hey ryan see you have a 409 in a 1960 pickup. How much trouble did you have getting it to fit? I want to do that with a 65 pickup

FYN409

409 in 60 GMC

Mr. Goodwrench,
It fits well, it took a little fabrication of mounts but it wasn't too bad. My biggest issue was getting headers to fit. I ended up with the Sanderson block huggers. They are still a little tight near the frame, but not bad. I believe the frames in the 65’s are not boxed up front so you may have more clearance. Send me you e-mail address and we can talk more offline, and I can send you some pics of the installation.

-Ryan(FYN409)
Ryan@TheFennemas.net

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
NICE Ray !!! A little spendy but really purrrrrrdy !!!!! And if you never have use an MSD trigger dist your in for a pleasent surprize !!!,,,,,,,,dq

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
MSD, decision to buy.

I know that you can put an MSD pickup in the 348/409 stock distributor. That said , one of the reasons that I bought the MSD unit was the ball bearing just under the pickup and reluctor. With the stock 348/409 distributor a worn bushing could cause a high rpm oscillation that would effect timing and the rev limiter. other reasons include the adjusability of the MSD. With stop bushings and different advance springs for timing curve tuning. If your serious about maximizing your W engines performance in my opinion this is the way to go fast. (Plus this is a work of art) It'll look great on the 09!
:deal