Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in Chicago

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Just wondered if anyone here is entering a car or planning to attend the Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals in Chicago next weekend. They have a class called the '62 Reunion, I'm sure there will be some '62 409's in there.
I'm not in that class but my '61 Ford is entered in the show, if anyone comes, please stop by and say hello. I spoke with Bob Ashton, show promoter yesterday, over 500 cars entered, all indoors. I shouldn't be hard to find, he said I have the only '61 Ford in the show.

cuzineddy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Our '62 Impala 409/409 was invited to the show for the Class of '62 50 year Reunion. We'll be there with our son and our grandson. Our son has a '72 Chevelle entered, and our grandson has his '74 Schwinn Stingray bike entered. This should be a great show, with 500 cars entered. I understand that 7 of the 8 known Trans Am convertibles will be on display. This will be a great opportunity to view some of the rarest cars ever built--all in one place. See you all there. It's at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont, Il. 5555 River Rd. Rosemont, Il. 60018 November 17-18 2012.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We will be there like usual on Sunday. One of the best shows in the midwest! Great time. I'll watch for you guys

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I will be there Sunday. I will be wearing my MODELS916 cap. Say Hi if you see me.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great show this year! Attendance was way up we thought! Best show in the midwest hands down. Didn't see anyone I recognized from here however

cuzineddy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
We were there showing Cousin Eddie's 409. I thought it was a tremendous show. Saw/talked to many on this forum. I have never seen such an outstanding collection of rare cars. The quality and quantity will probably never be seen together again. Talked with Dan (Ishiftem) and his Dad for almost an hour--what a wealth of information those two have about these cars! Of all the '62 409 cars there, we were the only ones who drove our car to the show. No trailer queens for us! Enjoyed every aspect of this weekend--we will not forget the good time we had.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
^ I didn't even see Cousin Eddy's 409 at the show! :bang Would have loved to see that one up close. Oh well, next time.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Sorry I missed all you guys. I went in on Friday Afternoon with Glass Tek friend. He was showing his 72 Hurst Olds pace car convert. The Z-11 Terry Prince car was really outstanding.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I couldn't believe they didn't have that car roped off. Good to see you Jake! I still can't get over that model!?!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Sorry I missed you guys, I guess not being with the Chevrolets made me easy to miss!!!

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Tommy, were you there on Friday? I saw the other 61 Ford with the 427 Cammer engine, I liked it.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Models
Yes, I was there for the whole weekend, had the old '61 Starliner concours judged, scored 994 points, won Gold Concours, Best First Time Shown Ford and Best Ford in the Show. I was very pleased considering all the Taladaga's, Shelby's and Boss Mustangs that were there. It was a heck of a show. I took pictures but I don't know how to load'm with this new site we have now.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
PictureKodak easy share photos 581.jpg Congrats Tommy.:clap Just as I thought.... That 61 Starliner is awesome. :love Giny and I saw it at Floyd's Museum last spring. Great Job as usual.

:crazy:cheers

N_F_S

That show was great!!! I was there Sunday morning, all the outsanding 62 bel-air's, Impala's, vintage (L88) Corvettes, Camaro's.
The Fords,Taladagas Shelby's and the Boss's and all the other muscle cars too!
That Starliner with the Cammer had a nice story.

real61ss, your 61 Starliner was absolutely STUNNING!

I'll always have a spot for the big girls!!!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Thank you, I was flattered to win over those cars. Wish I could have met you and Models, I don't get out there very often