My 64 ss 409 "Project neverending"

64$$ Nightmare409

So I wanted to start a thread hear showcasing my 64SS. It is basically done with the restoration far from stock and still being changed. From my other posts you are aware I am interested in going efi so hopefully it will be covered here. I was going through my paperwork for the car and found this. It is the factory build sheet I believe. It was under the back seat when I got the car. Single owner and documented about 14k miles when I bought it I believe. In 94 it was 14798 on inspection and it was basically that when I bought it. Its only about 17890 now. Anyways maybe my pic uploaded.

Attachments

• 20150424_203116.jpg
    20150424_203116.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 93

64$$ Nightmare409

I will be posting lots of pics eventually. Trim tag will be difficult for a few weeks possibly as the car is stored a good 30min away at my parents garage and I am working too much right now night shift at that.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Very nice........looks like you do quality work,what color of yellow did you paint it?????

64$$ Nightmare409

Thanks appreciate it. It is late model vette yellow from 2k up. Can't remember the exact name or code it is DuPont croma. I figured if I was going to ruin an all original might as well do what I really want lol. It had only 16k when I bought it one repaint over some minor body damage needed front floors and rear bumper filler repaired. Still had bias tires on it one owner 327 pg car. Probably worth less now than had I just resored it how it came oh well just $ can't take it with me.

64$$ Nightmare409

Putting in led tails on the right here will be finishing up with the rest soon enough. Time is my enemy. I got my rear back together out to the brakes and tranny pan dropped to replace with a drainable one but gotta geta filter before I put it back together. I didn't check to see that I had one on hand oh well it's been on jack stands since last nov guess another week won't hurt lol. After this I'll put my new inland telescope drive shaft in and hope to get it out of the garage next week fingers crossed. So far no extra bolts yay!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Those LED's look good, kinda mimicks the swirl pattern in red of the SS insert...........and they're much more visible,but I sure do like them hot rodder blue dots.........

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice LEDS, what size? Never thought of that (always more good ideas +$$$$$$), would look good if they fit in a 62.

Don

64$$ Nightmare409

These are a direct replacement for the lens and all leds are built in and sealed in epoxy. Speedway sales them. They are fairly inexpensive and have a plug for the 1157 socket literally a bulb/lens replacement all in one. I believe they have a 62 model. I'm looking for a headlight setup too the one I got to test fit is too deep for the headlight buckets. Keep yall updated.

64$$ Nightmare409

Small update I got my transmission filter in new pan on and topped off with fluid. She's back on all four again. So happy I forgot to get pics lol. Sitting on jackstands for a year a small charge to the bat a couple spins on the starter to get things pumping and she fires right up! I put 308 highway gears in place of the 373 and man does it drive better. Can't wait to actually get to cruise! Well more to come.
John