My Black Friday Deal

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know it's not a a Chevy, but I have to share this deal that fell into our lap. It's a 1960 Olds 2 door hardtop. The deal was we could have the car if we went and helped the guy clean out the estate that was left to him from from a distant cousin of his mother. Our original plan was to part it out, but after seeing how complete it is, I think we're going to try and clean it up a little and drive it as is. It does have some rust in the rockers and lower quarters, as well as the spare tire well and lower fenders, but the frame and floors seem to be solid. We're going to wash it up a little today and take a better look at it after we get it unloaded. It was 8 hours away in Evansville Indiana, that was the only part that was bad...
AAB8563F-4AE4-42BA-93D8-D5611F94EBFC.jpg

EDA07E42-F8DE-482A-BCCF-4D1F0E206FD2.jpg

9FADDC3F-E889-475D-A386-20983ED99DBD.jpg

88B7B3E7-4A1C-487E-B35A-E99A05238FD0.jpg

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow! What a score! I agree it could be worth quite a bit of money. Those 2drs are sought after. Should take much to get it road worthy. Great way to spend a Black Friday!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ricky,
I love those rigs and you never see them. The dash & steering wheels on those Olds are fantastic. The Super 88 came with the 394 and the 88 still used the 371, 1960 was the last year for the 371. That looks like a keeper to me...:deal.
l'm on my way today to pickup a 55' Olds...:deal

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thank you guys for the comments... I think it's a really cool car!! Dan, I think this one is the 394, I don't know much about them, I know it's got the 4 speed hydro....I went over this morning and played with it a little...filed the points and dumped some gas in the carb and it fired right up... The oil in the trans is still super clean!! We had running on a one gallon can and we're driving around.... I can't wait to get it cleaned up some...

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Nice find Ricky, cool 60 and all original, years ago my cousin had a 61 very similar and held a lot of friends. :bow

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I had an olds with a 394. The sticker on the air cleaner said ultra high compression. It was either 10.0 or 11.0 I don't remember for sure anymore. It ran good. Reverse was down where first gear should of been. Took some getting used to for sure.